New Year, Same Old Resolution

Options
Well, every year, I say I'm going to get in shape. And ever year, I have the best of intentions. And every year, I fail. But here I am, ready to try again. My kids and husband are what are motivating me (not to mention the big 4-0 hits next year and while birthdays don't usually bother me, this one seems more ominous than others). I want to be the best, healthiest me I can be - for me and for them! Who's with me?

Replies

• neenaof4
    neenaof4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. 4 years ago I did really well and lost 20 lbs. However, in recent years I haven't done so well at all. I work right down the street from a McDonald's -- so I resolved to give McDonald's up this year and to only eat out for lunch once a week. I'm on day 2 and so far so good. The big test will be next week which will be the first full week of work! Good luck and add me as a friend and we can hold each other accountable!!!
  • RamTraveler
    Options
    I'm with you!!! I'm 52 and needing to be really healthy. I want to enjoy the rest of my life as an active, healthy human being! Let's do this!!
    Krista
  • RamTraveler
    Options
    I am trying to cut out ALL processed foods. It's hard, because they are so convenient, but there is a health price to pay. I love Mickey D's as well. I let myself eat it once in awhile, but not every week, or even every month. It's bad for my kidneys and my health in general. A strong immune system is my goal, along with weight loss and stamina. Let's go!!
    Krista