What is the best way to lose stomach fat?

Options
Hi Everyone

Are there any cardio exercises that are better than others to lose that stubborn belly fat?

Thanks a bunches for any and all suggestions.

Replies

• elizabethalsup
    Options
    I have been walking on treadmill and mine is going down
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No not really. To lose belly fat you need to lose weight/excess fat. I have found that hula hooping has helped me 'tone' up my abdominal muscles under the fat. Still have a lot of fat to lose to have a flat belly.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Are there any cardio exercises that are better than others to lose that stubborn belly fat?

No, fat will leave your body gradually, and for a great many people, the belly area is the last to go. All you can do is be disciplined and consistent, and have patience.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of fruits and veggies along with lean meets. Also do strength training
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of fruits and veggies along with lean meets. Also do strength training

This. Strength training is better than cardio for fat loss
  • ericborchert
    ericborchert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Total Body Workouts and a good diet helped me reduce mine
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is mostly going to help, but you have to work you ab muscles, not just lose weight and bam ~ abs appear lol. I do ab ripper x from P90X and there's a great combo of workouts :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    strength training and a calorie deficit. There's no way to spot lose.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't "Spot train" any single area.

Here's what works for me (and many others).

1) Strength training. Believe it or not, squats - working up to use weights - works GREAT! Also, doing squats lifts your booty! Who doesn't want a lifted booty? I do a full-body strength routine every week. I strength train 4X/week and do cardio 3X/week.
    2) Diet. Eating clean. "Abs are made in the kitchen".

If you do nothing but cardio you can lose fat, but you'll just be a smaller version of the person you are now. Not only that, but if you do nothing but cardio you can actually start to burn muscle.

I'm a reformed "Cardio Queen". I teach 2 Zumba classes and one circuit/resistance class a week. A great book to read to get you started is "New Rules of Lifting for Women".

Best of luck to you! :)
  • amills1152
    amills1152 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm no seasoned professional by any means, but I recently read about how the hormone we produce called cortisol (which can actually add fat around the belly area) can be controlled with vitamin C, so maybe if you aren't taking a supplement or getting much ascorbic acid, up your intake a lil? Probably couldn't hurt to try, just a thought.
  • mylove4u
    mylove4u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doing cardio, and the biggest loser has a great 10 minute ab workout. You can also do ab workouts on your on demand fitness cable channels. Limit red meat and pork.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't "Spot train" any single area.

^What she said. You can't spot reduce.
  • NatashaCeeLow1
    NatashaCeeLow1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Any particular strength training?