Newbie Here

Options
Hello All-

A friend recently told me about the site and I love it. Naturally it seems fitting to post my first post to introduce myself. I am 30 ( ok ok 31) and I live in Upstate NY. I have a daughter who is 8 going on 18 . I have struggled with my weight from a child and want nothing more then to instill good eating habits and positive fitness values on to my daughter. I've tried it all.. TOPS ( Taking off Pounds sensibly ) when I was a Tween... which was basically a gossip group that I went to with my grandmother. Richard Simmons Meal Plan and sweating to the Oldies to Weight Watchers ( which was the most effective) Diet after diet I always was all gung ho and then stopped for one excuse or another. I was SICK of going to the Dr and him scaring me and telling me that my BP was so high that if it continues I could have a heart attack early in life.. so I went the drastic measure route and had Gastric Bypass... Easy way out?? NO and yes... Its a tool.. but not a perm change. Would I do it again? Yeah... but not many would say the same thing. I am healthy.. Im off all blood pressure pills and Im no longer 300 and something pounds... but.. I dont get sick... and I can eat whatever I want and as much as I want within reason.. I got blow the 200 mark and balled with excitment.. and then I got comfortable.. and slowly started eating a little more.. and a little more.. and a few life stress factors.. I gain 40 lbs from that exciting mile stone. I REFUSE to go back to where I was.. soooo I joined WW again.. as I need someone else to weigh me in.. ( I know.. crazy huh) plus I love all the awesome recipies I have available online.. but I seem to like this site just as much and its FREE.. sooo Here I am.. although I still weigh in weekly there.. Im thinking I will call this home :-)

My goal- I would LOVE to see below 200 again before I board on my FIRST EVER cruise on May 11th. FIRST time seeing BLUE waters... First time on a REAL plane.. First time for A LOT of thing.. ( as you can see I dont get to travel much lol ) Its 40 lbs in 5 months. It will be tough but the end result will feel AMAZING.

I look forward to making new friends and reading and sharing success stories in the near future!!

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Add me! I love this site also.. All of the friends really help for advice and motivation!!!
  • missy0709
    Options
    I'm with you! I don't have the same past, but my goal is the same. 40lbs by May! We can do this! I know we can. We just have to remember that in order to succeed it's a lifestyle change not a "diet" or temporary fix. I know I have found those thoughts to be my downfalls in the past. I look forward to encouraging you and for us to lose this weight By Our Deadlines together!!! :bigsmile:
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Love it too! Helped transform my life! add me!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you acheive what you want. It wont be easy...but we are all here to help. You've taking the 1st step. You have the desire...now bring it out and go for it! You have that amazing cruise to look forward to! It's a new year...now find the new you.
  • myanko
    myanko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good choice to use this site. Add me! We are all in this together!
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! You can do it!