What Has Changed

Options
I know that your weight has changed...... but I would like us to share how the weight loss has changed other things. Example: One guy said that a lady paid him a very nice compliment. A lady said he had lost 28 pounds and she could now sit and cross her legs comfortably. SO, WHAT ELSE HAS CHANGED

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I can walk up stairs without hugging and puffing.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I enjoy shopping and no longer dread when we have an event. I just go in my closet and pull something out and know it fits and looks good!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I can comfortably sit in theater seats, this was huge I hated being so uncomfortable doing something that was suppose to be relaxing!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    I can walk up stairs without hugging and puffing.

But why would you want to go anywhere without hugging?

Everything has changed. Virtually everything. For the better. It's mostly that little voice in my head that now says, "Well done."
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I can tie my shoes without feeling my gut sandwiched between my thighs and chest.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from! First thing that popped in my head was I no longer need a seat belt extender in my car or anyone else's. :laugh:
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I can sit in an office chair with arms and not have the arms grab my hips when I stand up.

I can wear boots and knee socks. Have gotten very into knee socks at the ripe old age of 50.

I never find an excuse not to do some activity because I'm afraid that a.) I won't fit or b.) I won't be able to keep up

I could go on and on and on (and on)...
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Many great changes have come as a result of my weight-loss - I feel happier and healthier than ever.
    There have however been many unexpected changes like social isolation, criticism from others, and becoming hyperaware of my faults.

Gotta keep it all in perspective and celebrate my accomplishments.
  • welshwoofer
    welshwoofer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy shopping now - knowing that a UK 10 will fit.
    And the exercise has changed the way I live - I look forward to it now, who'd have thoght it!
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight but, walking to work doesn't feel like I am walking through waist high molasses, shoveling snow was easier this year and I have been enjoying playing with my girl. I second the seat belt extender, so nice not to have to use one with my winter jacket! ;)
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i no longer have to shop at a plus size clothing store. and i sleep soooo much better since i've lost a bunch of weight & have become more active.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No weight loss here, BUT! my resting heart rate was 55 this morning.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't have to hesitate before buying heavy groceries when I'm walking home

I can move furniture by myself

I look forward to exercise

I get excited about cooking asparagus
  • cprough
    cprough Posts: 40
    Options
    AWESOME --- AWESOME --- AWESOME
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK --- CHANGE IS GOOD
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I can "do more" with my boyfriend without getting tired as far as sex goes. Teehee :blushing:
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I actually think I do better at work now that I am more confident as a result of my weight loss and I also dress better! From a physical perspective, I can actually run a 5K without stopping/huffing & puffing like before!
  • Vicki685
    Vicki685 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that I stand out for the wrong reasons amongst my colleagues anymore (the people I work with are generally fit and healthy). And I no longer have to hide my body under my work jumper due to too tight waistbands (actually my work trousers are now two waistband sizes smaller too).
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I can comfortably sit in theater seats, this was huge I hated being so uncomfortable doing something that was suppose to be relaxing!

I can tie my shoes without feeling my gut sandwiched between my thighs and chest.

I look forward to exercise

I get excited about cooking asparagus

Ditto.

Also, on vacations I can zip line, ride horseback, use a jet ski and all the other activites that weight was the limiting factor. I really, really enjoy vacations now!