What dvd do you recommend...

Options
I've decided to venture out and try something new other than my normal zumba dvds. What dvds do you recommended? Any and all suggestions appreciated. Also, why do you like them so much?

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels and have quite a few of her DVDs. I like them because they are mainly a quicker workout (the ones I do are 20 mins, 30 mins and 40 mins) so I can fit them in when I'm pushed for time, but they still kick *kitten*!! I have 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack, no more trouble zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • sosoulfulshellz
    sosoulfulshellz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They may not be as fun, but the insanity dvds are big in my book. When I was using them, I was losing almost a lb a day. It was crazy. The only reason why I stopped was because someone stole them from me.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Jillian's 30 Day Shred or Killer Buns and Thighs. Those are my favorites but I've also tried her Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed and Shred and 6 week 6 pack.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    At this moment, my top pick is Les Mills Combat!! It is the MOST fun I have ever had doing cardio. As much as I loved Insanity, I also hated it.. With t his program, I actually look foward to getting up every morning at 4:00 am and doing the workout.. And, the longer the workouts (45 and 60 minutes over the 30 minute) the better I like them.. How many programs do you ever hear that being said about them??
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My vote goes to insnaity as well. It is a challenge and a different workout everyday of the week. You do repeat them weekly, but you also see the benefits in fit tests and how much better you are at completeing each dvd.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels (I found it on youtube so it was free) is a great *kitten* kicker.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    At this moment, my top pick is Les Mills Combat!! It is the MOST fun I have ever had doing cardio. As much as I loved Insanity, I also hated it.. With t his program, I actually look foward to getting up every morning at 4:00 am and doing the workout.. And, the longer the workouts (45 and 60 minutes over the 30 minute) the better I like them.. How many programs do you ever hear that being said about them??

I hear lots of good things about this it my be my next!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam or TurboFire :)
  • Emma_A
    Emma_A Posts: 14
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD is a good one, I've yet to go beyond Level 1 Workout, it really gets the heart rate going which is great for fat burning. Amazon are selling it for £5 which is pretty good! My husband recorded her 'Ripped in 30' workout on the SKY box for me too, gonna try that one over the weekend.
  • pamela_a_hill
    pamela_a_hill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're strapped for time, you might want to look at the 10 minute solution DVDs (5 x 10 minutes per disk). My favourites are the Slim and Sculpt Pilates and Target Toning. I also bought the Dance and be fit Hip Hop video (2 x 20 minutes + warm up and cooldown) last week and I love it!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I personally like my full James Bond DvD collection...
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I liked Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred just for a change. The videos are available on YouTube, but Level 3 has a weird skip in it.

To the people who recommend Insanity...is that cardio only, or is it circuit training? Thanks!
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just recently watched The Hunger Games, didn't read the books and enjoyed the movie. Also, Taken and Taken 2 are pretty good, watch the first one if you are going to watch the 2nd one :) - ooops, thought you meant dvd's as in "movies" lol I'm stupid AND apparently I can't read, I read "zumba" thought you said "zombie" lol
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam and Leslie Sansone dvd's (4 and 5 miles ones).
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    If you;re just starting out, try the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs, then move onto a more difficult one. Also, be sure to check out youtube for some ideas..lots of preview clips there of some DVDs currently for sale.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner circuit training one is good
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i have a blockbuster pass so i can rent these no problems and as long as i want. is the 30 day shred from jillian michaels from 2007? That's the one on blockbuster thats from 2007 and it has 4 stars. Others have 2-3 stars and I figured this was the one people are talking about.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I just recently watched The Hunger Games, didn't read the books and enjoyed the movie. Also, Taken and Taken 2 are pretty good, watch the first one if you are going to watch the 2nd one :) - ooops, thought you meant dvd's as in "movies" lol I'm stupid AND apparently I can't read, I read "zumba" thought you said "zombie" lol

I would do Zumba much more often if there was a Thriller routine.