Blood pressure drop

Options
I don't recall what my blood pressure used to be, but I know it was decent. It could definitely be better, but I was never told to watch it. Well, while at the doctor's office for this bronchitis/asthma I've been dealing with for 2 weeks, my number read:

113/73

Sweet! emotwoot.gif

Remember it's not about the scale. Health can be measured in lots of numbers and like a paint-by-number, if you're only using 1 color, you're not seeing the whole picture!

Replies

• oliviadylan2
    Options
    That's awsome I have noticed the same thing. Losing weight has helped my blood pressure so much too. Good job keep up the good work!!!!
  • MiniRose2B
    Options
    Way to Go! I'm currently on Metoprolol to keep my BP in check, my heart has a tendency to go into A-Fib when my BP spikes. reading a post like your's gives me hope that with proper diet and losing weight I can get off the med's. Also wishing you a speedy recovery from the bronchitis!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Many many benefits fo getting healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    that's so exciting! congrats!
    we have been learning in school about the plethora of health benefits and how people get frustrated when the scale doesn't match their expectations or their "goal weight" is just impossibly far away, but what they don't realize is how many health benefits they're getting along the way without the scale moving at all (improved cholesterol, better fat distribution, lower risks of diabetes, better blood pressure!) and it's so exciting that you got to see how you've improved yourself (not to mention reap the benefits).
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am going in for my annual physical next week and am equally excited to learn how my overall health has improved. Great news that your blood pressure is at such a healthy place!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So true, not to mention resting heart rate. Since I started doing cardio every day my resting heart rate went from 76 to 68 bpm and it returns to resting very quickly after exertion
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!