Cried in the dressing room today.

Options
Last night I was getting ready for the talent show and my daughter looked at me and said, "Mom that shirt is way too big for you." She pulled out one of her shirts and put it on me. It fit but I was uncomfortable that it wasn't big and baggy. I chose to wear my shirt anyway. She told me today she wanted to take me bargain shopping for some new clothes. She said that I was looking really good but that my clothes were way too big for me. I told her that I wanted to wait until after my hysterectomy to get new clothes. My belly is swollen from fibroids and I'm hoping it will go down after my surgery. She kept talking to me about it and said, "Mom, these can be your fat clothes for when you're bloated later. Trust me, you'll feel better when you get some clothes that fit." So, I agreed to go. She brought me some shirts and several pairs of size 8 pants. The size 8s seemed too big on me. I said, "Let's try a 6. I think these are still too big." She brought me several pairs of 6s and they fit me. They made my butt and legs look fantastic. I had been hiding them in way too big 10s for several months. She said, "You look like you're going to cry." I said, "Babe, you don't understand. I've never ever worn a size 6."

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember putting on a size 6 after wearing 12s for most of high school and college. It seemed like such an impossibly small size. I smiled all the way home from the store and probably for a couple weeks afterward.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • Darkraven
    Darkraven Posts: 43
    Options
    What a great reason to cry well done!
  • knightl
    knightl Posts: 14
    Options
    This is inspirational! It's only my first day and now I really want to do this :) I've never, ever in my life worn a bikini to the beach. That's what I'm aiming for.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! You are such an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    What an awesome daughter! great job byt the way
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    What an awesome daughter! great job byt the way

She's the best. I always tell her God couldn't have done any better if I'd custom ordered her before birth.
  • JeniF1979
    JeniF1979 Posts: 18
    Options
    Aweee! That made me tear up a little:'). I can't wait until my daughter can tell me the same thing. **fans vapors**
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! You look amazing!
  • foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love it when our kids speak to us because they tell us the truth & as parents we seem to listen to them better than anyone else. My girls told me today while I was working out that I'm getting skinny because they can tell from my pants. It feels so good to hear their compliments & I love it when they even notice the changes.
    Keep it up, your doing great :happy:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad she took you shopping! We are always so guilty of waiting for some reason before we treat ourselves well! Better to have this confident booster BEFORE your surgery!! You deserve it!

BTW if you haven't found it already, check out http://www.hystersisters.com/ ...it's like the MFP of the hysterectomy world. Very supportive and informative group.
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad she took you shopping! We are always so guilty of waiting for some reason before we treat ourselves well! Better to have this confident booster BEFORE your surgery!! You deserve it!

BTW if you haven't found it already, check out http://www.hystersisters.com/ ...it's like the MFP of the hysterectomy world. Very supportive and informative group.

Thanks I've been to the site. Part of my reason for working so hard on my fitness is to be in good shape before surgery so I will hopefully recover faster after surgery. I really don't have any emotional qualms about it. I have two wonderful grown kids and my husband had a vasectomy 18 years ago. They're leaving my ovaries so I shouldn't go through menopause yet. I'm looking forward to a better quality of life without cramps, bloating, too much bleeding, or pelvic pressure. The main thing I'm being told is I'll have to really take it easy for a couple of weeks and then I can slowly work back into my exercise again.
  • Berliner
    Berliner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    that is so wonderful!! it made me almost cry! I can just feel how you must have felt. One day I will be there too!!! thanks for your story:flowerforyou:

Silke
  • jbest73
    jbest73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Congrats and enjoy. Happy shopping.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    What a great story!!! Congratulations on you goal met!!!

D
  • LizCornelius
    Options
    What an awesome daughter. Thats great you can fit in a size 6.
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Great success story! That had to be an empowering experience. WAY TO GO!
  • mikebrokethehubble
    Options
    Thanks for trusting me mom =)
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    Thanks for trusting me mom =)

You are the best daughter anyone could ask for baby girl.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!