Gastric Bypass Journey

Options
My name is Kristin Cheek and I am 39, will be 40 in 14 days!! I had the Gastric Bypass done 11/27/12 and will be tracking my journey. I am wondering if there are any other Post-Op Peeps on here? If so please add me! I could use support!

Replies

• ginabryan
    Options
    Hi Kristin,
    Happy upcoming Birthday! Getting healthy will be the best gift you could give to yourself!
    I'm Gina. I'm 45 and had gastric segmentation done in 1993. I was only the 2006 person to do this new surgery which was done in Houston by the doctor that was on the Oprah Show (Dr. Molina). I lost nearly 100 pounds in the first few months. I felt and looked great, but did have a few reality checks as it is not all easy! I mourned certain certain foods as if I had lost a loved one - haven't had a steak, hamburger, or hot dog since then. Fish is my mainstay now. I still cannot keep down salad, but chips and chocolate were easy to digest, so.... you still have to be careful what kinds of food you eat. I found out it was not the magic cure when I gained back about 50 pounds even with the band! Sooo... I am also getting back on track and excersisng and watching what I eat and the portions.
    Also, I find it difficult to eat when I am stressed or upset. It adds to the probability that that food will come back up, so find you some time to enjoy your food and not do other things like working while eating,
    You will do great! Eat small bites of good healthy food all day long, excersise, and don't eat before bedtime 9usually my downdfall!).
    I can't wait to hear your progress in a month or two!G
  • DianeRSherman
    Options
    You are beginning your new life by taking the first step with your gastric bypass surgery! I had mine in 2003 and I lost 180 pounds! I kept all but 60 pounds off. I went on birth control shot and gained that much. I am in the process of losing the rest of it. Its not easy, dont let anyone fool you. Eat slow, eat right and enjoy your new body!! ~Diane :):happy: