My first step ... Hi there...

Options
I have tried losing weight over the past few years and nothing has worked. I have always tried it alone, so this time I'm trying to 'go public' with my efforts. This is my first step :)

Replies

• DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!
  • karainwater
    Options
    Hi back - I am new to this forum, but I am also trying to lose weight and exercise regularly as part of it. Good luck and I will look for your updates!
  • stu236
    stu236 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hey there, welcome to MFP and if yo're looking for friends then feel free to add me
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here! Add me as a friend if you want/need support! :flowerforyou:
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Read some of the links about eating more to weigh less. I think if I would have understood all of this a long time ago, I would not have done so much yo-yo dieting. You might try keeping a handwritten food journal for a day or two then logging those days on MFP to see how many cals you typically eat. Then, slowly reduce calories and since you don't have a lot to lose, I would maybe try for 1 lb. a week instead of skipping ahead to the 1200 calorie diet for 2 lbs a week. Different things work for different people. Best of luck to you and if you need some extra support, feel free to send me a friend request.
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Going public works! The accountability and support is key. Good luck!!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This is a great place no matter where you are in your journey; beginning, middle, and even the end since it never truly ends.
  • Mick63116
    Mick63116 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome you will find a ton of support here, if you like feel free to add me.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Make sure you log everything, try to stay within your limits (don't give up when you don't), add a little daily activity (don't give up when you don't), and you'll be fine :)
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The daily logging and database is a great source of information. Friends help too, give it a go and see what works for you. Best of luck.
  • imvossey09
    Options
    Welcome! Add me as a friend if you would like additional support! Congrats on taking the first step
  • Candylips70
    Options
    Big thanks to all of you!
  • BostonBill99
    BostonBill99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome Candy. Always here for encouragement or whatever. If you need help, shout.

BostonBill99
  • karainwater
    Options
    Thanks all. I feel better about this ready!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You have just made the best first step ever! You will find moral support and motivation everywhere here. Feel free to add me -- you can never had too many friends.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome! you've made the 1st positive step...now enjoy the journey. stay positive and don't be hard on yourself on bad days. there is always tomorow to make improvements. motivation and support is all around you. use it to your advantage. add me if you'd like. i just join beginning of the year.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! We are all in this together!!
  • withers102011
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me!! Keep on taking those small steps! That's what will get you to your goal :]
  • clumsymofro
    clumsymofro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me if you need support :-)