PCOS/Fibromyalgia/Meniere's Disease

Options
Hi! I'm Shelby and I'm 20 years old. I'm trying to lose weight because I want to be healthy, and I want to be happy with my body. I have PCOS, Fibromyalgia, and Meniere's Disease. All three conditions can improve with diet and exercise. With PCOS, diet and exercise can lessen the symptoms and improve them. With Fibromyalgia, light exercise can improve the chronic pain. With Meniere's Disease, keeping sodium intake to a minimum can help control and lessen attacks. Is there anyone else out there with these conditions? I'd love to connect and support each other.

-ShelbyKathleen

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Look up my wife - prematuremango. She has Meniere's and PCOS. She's been put on a low sodium, no coffee, no chocolate, no alcohol diet to help with the Meniere's. As you can imagine, she's thrilled to bits with this.
  • ShelbyKathleenx
    Options
    Thank you! I will certainly add her! My ENT isn't totally sure about me cutting out everything...he just tells me moderation. If I have coffee, have one cup. If I want a chocolate bar, split one with a friend. If I want to have chips, don't sit down and eat the whole bag.
  • cindiefrap
    Options
    Hi Cindie here with Meniere's - diagnosed Feb. 2013 - lost 50 since then and I feel surely partially because I would spin so bad I'd lose the food I did ingest. I also cut out CATS - caffeine (out completely) - alcohol (none) - tobacco (don't smoke) - and sodium (less than 1000 mgs daily) I also walk daily - most days if i'm not dizzy (which I call bobbleheaditis) not far but for at least 20 min. I now weigh 202 and haven't been this close to 200 since I was 9 months pregnant, so I'm thankful i'm losing, not so much for the Meniere's. I use www.lowsodiumcooking.com for lots of my recipes - got a bread machine for Christmas and it's awesome because I can now make LOW SODIUM bread in 3 hours. (fresh and homemade) yum! - I also use several books on my kindle - the No-Salt Lowest Sodium cookbook by Donald Gazzaniga - totally cut out salt shakers - period. No soda no chocolate - hmmmm...sometimes i do have chocolate (minimally) I follow the JOHN OF OHIO regimen and have success so far for me by following it. http://www.menieresresources.org/Resources/HomePage?action=download&upname=ANewApproachToMenieresDisease-TheJohnOfOhioRegimenJan2010.pdf you will want to read this...i promise
  • xSkinnyBride2Bex
    xSkinnyBride2Bex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Have PCOS and have been told to lose weight by my Doctor to improve it. I'll add you and good luck with the weight loss :happy:
  • sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump