South Beach Calories

Options
I started phase one of the South Beach diet, and I am having a hard time eating enough food to get above 1200 calories. The inability to eat carbs has really cut into my calorie count.

I am eating plenty, 3 meals and 2 snacks per day, and I almost never feel hungry, I am just worried that i am not eating enough calories.

Any advise?

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Higher calorie SB phase one foods include nuts, seeds, flax seeds, peanut butter, beans, healthy oils, avacados and cheese. There are some good recipes for black bean brownies and ground flax seed muffins.
  • HunterTrouble
    HunterTrouble Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    And I love those brownies and muffins, unfortunately sugar and sugar substitutes are not on there.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    And I love those brownies and muffins, unfortunately sugar and sugar substitutes are not on there.

Those recipes call for Spenda if I remember right, but I would use Stevia. I'm no longer a fan of Splenda but many of the SB recipes call for it even if it's not listed.
  • jaenetty37
    jaenetty37 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started South Beach Phase 1 also, You can have peanut butter???? wow, I would so love some peanut butter!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    As I recall, phase one is only two weeks. As long as you are getting over 1000 a day, you should be ok for that amount of time.

If you are concerned, just a handful of nuts adds about two hundred calories.

I have also made deviled eggs by using laughing cow cheese wedges with spices and chopped veggies for the filling.