What keeps you going?

Options
I only ask because...Im not sure I have found the motivation I need to keep on track. I do sooo well eatting but then something clicks in my head that makes me say "OMG GO GET A JUNIOR BACON CHEESE BURGER" - so I do. The intentions are there to stay on track with workouts, but 9 times out of 10 - I put it off "Oh ill do it tomorrow".

Sooo.....where from here?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    When I want a burger, I get it and just remove some of the other foods I planned eating instead. Or if I really want the burger, I'll exercise and earn the calories.
    What keeps me going is my happiness.. I'm not happy when I'm extremely unhealthy and overweight. If you're really wanting to eat something that you can't 'afford' to fit into your macros, put in the work to earn it.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I forgive myself for the bad days, don't make anything off limits (well, except for burgers in my burger free 2013 challenge) and penance run when I need extra calories. I find I'm most likely to unhealthily snack when bored or sedentary so I'll get up and clean the house, or hop on the stationary bike or hula hoop in front of the TV if nothing else. There are always ways!

Best way to make sure you get your workout in though? do it immediately when you get home or when you get up, no excuses when you change from PJs or work clothes into workout gear!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    all i have to do is look in the mirror
  • pinupgirl16
    pinupgirl16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My vintage swim suits motivate me, my goal is to fit into them by summer. I hang them in the bathroom and sometimes in the kitchen lol. I also sometimes buy smaller clothes to help motivate me to someday get into. Good Luck!! =)
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :wink: Wanting to be healthy and feeling awesome after working out! I just do it! Even on my days I REALLY do not want to workout, its turns out to be my best workouts, lol!
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, ladies!! I guess with a little will power..it is possible!

youre all amazing! :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My motivation is a great pair of good fitting jeans!!! When my jeans fit just right... that keeps me on track!!! I am on maintance now ...
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I find that when I'm really craving something terribly unhealthy, such as one of the doughnuts from this cute little mom'n'pop shop downtown, I can keep myself from getting it as long as I'm tracking my meals. My conscience smacks me over the head if I try to cheat myself, and I can't stand the idea of having to try to log something like that ... so I don't.

Other than that, what keeps me going is knowing that I've completed another great morning of working out, which was fun and felt good, and I'm feeling sore from yesterday's workout, which is a feeling I enjoy. And I enjoy seeing the number on the scale slowly descend, reminding myself that as long as I continue what I'm doing, it will keep going down.

ETA: Also, I have this SUPER cute dress that I found for about $5 at Goodwill and it was a bit tight and unflattering when I tried it on, but I bought it anyway! I keep thinking of how much I want to wear it and look amazing in it, and then instead of eating something I'll regret, I gulp down a glass of water instead. :smile:
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I want a tattoo, and I'm not getting one until I'm at my goal, or within 10 pounds of it :b