lean cuisine

Options
has anyone tried the new lean cuisine salad additions? thoughts about them?

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I saw them and think they're useless and weird. First of all, how hard it is to add toppings to a salad. That's all they are. Second, I know the lettuce isn't in there, but looking at it your first thought is "eeww frozen salad!" lol Ok, well that was my first thought even though I knew it was just the toppings. If you're so inclined the fresh produce dept. has already prepared salad "fixings", if you simply CAN'T cut up your own stuff! Blech...total FAIL is what I think!
  • BucsGirl4Life
    BucsGirl4Life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love them! I've tried 3 out of the 4. They make bringing my lunch so easy! The three I've tried are in order of my favorite: Bistro Salad; Asian-Style Chicken and Cranberry Chicken. I typically do not like frozen anything....but I was pleasantly surprised that when I opened up the steamer bag, the vegetables and chicken were quite fresh and tasty.
  • dragonflyz76
    Options
    I LOVE them! They are soo good!
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I got a coupon for them, but the stores around me don't carry them yet.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just curious of the sodium content in them.
  • patmegkaren
    patmegkaren Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I for one am a working mother who doesn't always have time to cut up fresh produce and make myself a salad so these new salads are just what the doctor ordered. I am very impressed and pleased with the quality. Have been bringing them everyday for my lunch and find myself looking forward to lunch. I also love the fact that the dressing, which is plentiful is already measured so you know how much is a serving and they all have crunchy ingredients which I love in my salad. I would highly recommend these salads.
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOVE them, the southwestern one is my fave but the other chicken one with the word BACON on it appealed to me and was pretty tasty.

Yeah I am too lazy to get shizz together to put on a salad, so sue me lol. But yes, good =)
  • jennmore52
    jennmore52 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried the cranberry and chicken yesterday and it was really good. I generally bring a salad for lunch at work and this seems to be perfect for days when I wake up late and don't have the time to fix a real salad. I will definitely buy more to keep around for those one time to many on the snooze button mornings.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I for one am a working mother who doesn't always have time to cut up fresh produce and make myself a salad so these new salads are just what the doctor ordered. I am very impressed and pleased with the quality. Have been bringing them everyday for my lunch and find myself looking forward to lunch. I also love the fact that the dressing, which is plentiful is already measured so you know how much is a serving and they all have crunchy ingredients which I love in my salad. I would highly recommend these salads.

Seriously? You either find time or find excuses.....

I personally am avoiding chemically engineered food of all sorts and cutting up veggies do not take that long.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I definitely might toss a couple of these in my freezer for the nights I get home late from work/uni...
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I saw them and think they're useless and weird. First of all, how hard it is to add toppings to a salad. That's all they are. Second, I know the lettuce isn't in there, but looking at it your first thought is "eeww frozen salad!" lol Ok, well that was my first thought even though I knew it was just the toppings. If you're so inclined the fresh produce dept. has already prepared salad "fixings", if you simply CAN'T cut up your own stuff! Blech...total FAIL is what I think!

YES!!!!