Pasta Sauce Ideas

Options
farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
I need healthy pasta sauce ideas, preferably 5 ingredients or less.

Let me know what you got.

Replies

• EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    I use one that's a variation of something I found on Skinny Taste. I'm not sure of the exact calorie count right off hand but it's definitely better than a creamy alfredo sauce and tastes better too!

Obviously, the ratios of ingredients depend on how much pasta you have but for a normal sized box, I take 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and mix it with two egg yolks, salt and pepper and enough water to make it into a sauce-like consistency. Drain the pasta and then pour the sauce over the pasta. Heat it over low heat while constantly stirring the pasta. This is to cook the egg yolks so you're not eating raw egg and to help the sauce adhere to the pasta. During this step, I also add some minced garlic and EVOO, but you could omit the oil to save some calories. Serve it with some veggies and chopped chicken breast and you've got a meal.

It might sound difficult but it's really super easy! :)
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Also, I usually end up adding more water to the finished product so it doesn't become sticky, especially if it's been cooling on the stove for a while.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I roast tomatoes, carrots, peppers, onions (whatever veggie you have/like) them throw in blender w/a little veggie stock and a ton of herbs/spices..leave some of the veggies out if you want, and add back in for a chunkier sauce...sometimes I add a wedge of laughing cow lite mozzarella....
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Those both sound great, ugh, I'm so uncreative in the kitchen.
  • jessewynn77
    jessewynn77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3 laughing cow cheese wedges (garlic & herb), half a cup of unsweetened original almond milk, a ton of garlic and a bit of pepper for "alfredo" sauce. I made this last night and it was pretty darn good. About 70 cals per serving (made 2 servings). That sauce plus shirataki fettuccine noodles and seafood, and I was in heaven for 250 calories.
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Look for Pomodoro receipts.
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1 can of diced tomatoes, drained -14 oz
    1 can of tomato sauce 8 oz
    EVOO
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    seasoning to taste (I never add salt)
    onion chopped (optional)
    meatballs (optional)

Cook the garlic and onion. Add the cans of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add season to taste. Let the sauce reach a boil then bring it to low.

My basic pasta sauce. I usually cook it with meatballs. It comes to 3-4 servings.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Smoky tomato pasta sauce:

1 can Crushed Tomatoes, 14 oz
    1 can Tomato Paste
    Garlic - Raw, 2 cloves, minced
    Liquid Smoke, 0.5 tbsp
    Brown Sugar, Packed, 3 Teaspoon

Mix all ingredients. Simmer on stove top for 1 hours or place in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.