Need Accountability buddies!!!

Options
So, I signed up for this website months ago and I have the app and everything, but it's so hard to find people to tell me to just say no and support me through this journey! I need accountibility! So, I'm trying the message boards.
I want to lose 25 pounds and at least 10 by mid-may, but I'm 23 and eat like I did in high school and live alone with no one to tell me to stop!!! LOL

will you be my accountabili-buddy?!?

Replies

• newbierun14
    newbierun14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How about we do it for each other? I'm 22 and similarly to you want to lose about 25 pounds. I'm new to the site but am determined to do this!

WE CAN DO IT!
  • Hodie56
    Hodie56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I definaately would like to be held accountable for weighing in weekly. We could set one day of the week to weigh in each week. WE can talk about what went well during our week and what didn't go well. Share ideas, etc.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think we can only be accountable to ourselves...but I would be glad to encourage you and help any way I can. See, we're all different even though we are in the same boat (wanting to lose weight). I have always thought I could do better eating if I lived alone because I have to plan for my husband. There are times I would just gladly have a sandwich or salad for dinner but he wants a full meal. And he loves big weekend breakfasts. Don't get me wrong...I don't want him gone:love: ...it just makes the weight loss a little harder. Maybe try keeping your "trigger" foods out of the house...you can still have them, but only when you plan to and go buy them. I LOVE doughnuts but would never keep them around. I DO indulge occasionally but I go buy ONE then, eat it and am done. Also, it helps me a lot to plan my meals the day ahead. I still can be flexible enough to change if I'm invited to lunch etc. but it gives me a little more control. Hope any or all this helps. And when you get discouraged remember you only have 25 to lose...I (and others) have 75+ to go...not that 25 isn't hard too. Good luch!
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am more than willing to help! To tell you your doing great or to give that extra push. To make sure you check in everyday and if not kick your butt!
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    This is exactly what I need...to be held accountable! I'm 22 and want to lose about 20 pounds. I've been on this site for a while but never really used the message boards!

Lets do it!!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I am willing to help too! It is a tough journey we are on and it is much easier to have some support on the way. Whether it is a congrats on a job well done or a kick in the butt to get your butt back in gear. I do agree with ladybug that each of us can only be accountable for ourselves and need to find the motivation from within.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and am trying to lose about 25 pounds also. :-) i just started P90X today in addition to running. Lets keep each other accountable!
  • latoyabr
    latoyabr Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm with you! Let's do this together... I think we all have to have a sense of accountability within ourselves but it doesn't hurt to have someone pushes us harder.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Count me in for everyone on the thread if you dont have me :) feel free to crawl up my *kitten* for cheating the cause :)
  • lindseyk5
    Options
    Yay! Now i'm really excited! So if everyone's ok with it (or anyone)... we have a small group within a large group of people to support each other! I guess i'll start by saying add me if you want someone to push and be pushed by! I have the motivation within I just would like to know some people by name that are looking to see my successes and hardships and some people that i can help encourage and support too! Thanks guys! Lets all be friends! lol
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey Everyone! So maybe we can all tell a little bit about ourselves. I'm interested to know what everyone's goals are and what kind of exercise you do ? I think sharing a little bit about ourselves can help us keep each other accountable and help us support each other! :happy: