Best "light" beer to drink while dieting?

Options
I am on this full fledged diet and still want to have my beer, only on the weekends of course.
What "light" beer out there would be my best bet?
I really am a beer snob and I HATE all the Buds and Millers cause they taste like straight up water.
Anyone know of something not to unhealthy but still has a good taste?
Thanks!!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well, if you manage only one beer or so, drink a good beer, like Guinness or Boddington's. You don't need to go with light beer if you don't like it, just drink less and fit it into your calories.
  • tehman
    tehman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The answer is what makes you feel good. So either use your 400 calories for one pint of a real nice IPA/ale or go for volume with three Corona Lights. As for interesting taste, there are some ways to go. If you want a hoppy or bitter beer but not tons of calories try Victory Brewing Co Prima Pils. It is a nice pilsner with good number of IBUs and actually has a pic of hops on the label.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Never EVER sacrifice taste for calories. That's sacrilige. Just got do some exercise to even up the score!
  • Candylips70
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing (along with Vodka)! I like the above suggestions, and I think moderation is key. Don't sacrifice the taste/quality for an occasional treat!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have one good beer than a couple of mediocre beers.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    well it may be difficult to drag out one beer for two hours, as opposed to 3-4 beers for two hours.

honestly, just taste around. everyone has different beer tastes, and I don't typically drink anything that isn't a stout, beglian, or elephant. you have to just feel around for what YOU like. :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Fluck light beer. Prelog a good quality beer in the day and work around it or work out to burn off enough to drink a beer. Light beer just makes me shudder.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like getting a buzz (at all) go with Miller 64. 64 cals, hardly any alcohol.... If you feel like getting a buzz on, any of the light beers work- Miller Lite, Bud Light, so on... I like to have a few good beers (dark, usually) with dinner, then switch to lighter beer if I'm continuing drinking for the night
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've tried, and I just can't do it...just can't. I'm too much of a beer snob. A good Friday or Saturday night usually puts me over my goals (sometimes substantially) but I haven't been sweating it yet as I'm right on pace. I do try to limit my beer intake and I've taken to vodka and diet tonics for this reason (plus I've always like them as well). On average, I'd say I have 3-4 beers a week, and usually on the weekend...have a couple good beers and then just switch to the vodka.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Aaaand I just read your entire post (please excuse me- it's almost 5o'clock on a Friday :drinker: ...) and I see that my suggestions weren't exactly what you were looking for. Have you tried any light microbrews? There's a brewery around here that I usually go with the lighter varieties if I'm switching to the lighter stuff
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am on this full fledged diet and still want to have my beer, only on the weekends of course.
    What "light" beer out there would be my best bet?
    I really am a beer snob and I HATE all the Buds and Millers cause they taste like straight up water.
    Anyone know of something not to unhealthy but still has a good taste?
    Thanks!!

My favorite beer is Sam Adams.. and they do make a Sam Adams Light. It's like 119 calories and 9g of carbs. If I am drinking beer at a bar or whatnot I like Michelob Ultra...95 calories and only 2.6g or carbs.

I agree with you that domestic light beer tastes like crap.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just figure out other places to cut calorie corners. Your beer is not the place to do it :)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Guinness: roughly 120 calories a pint.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Guinness: roughly 120 calories a pint.
    Guinness is like 220 a bottle and 17g of carbs.
  • LeighVA
    Options
    Well, if you manage only one beer or so, drink a good beer, like Guinness or Boddington's. You don't need to go with light beer if you don't like it, just drink less and fit it into your calories.

Guinness Draft is only 125 per bottle! Cheers:drinker:
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Make your own beer