New to MFP - I have no "friends" yet!

Options
I have recently joined MFP to help track my food and exercise. I am doing this as part of a Diabetes Prevention Program. I have been trying to lose weight for some time with little progress. Now that I have been diagnosed as "pre-diabetic", I am feeling like I need to buckle down and get it in gear. My brother has Type 2 diabetes, and I don't want to go there. I could use some supportive friends that can help me stay on track.

Replies

• jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Now you do.
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new too and would love to make friends for inspiration and support.
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can add me if you like.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    That will change
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends on here either! Sending you a request now. Anyone, feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • BigMamy
    BigMamy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have been doing this for a year now and have lost around 54lbs (give or take a few recently).
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Anyone that would like some support~ please feel free to add me. I've been off / on MFP since May of last year and down 22 pounds~ it does work if you work it and it works even better with some exercise thrown in :)

Good luck to everyone and again, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • zvezda11
    zvezda11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well =). I recently discovered MFP and I'm currently figuring it out =)
  • jessiesquier
    Options
    Hello PattiG1
    My name is Jessie
    I'm new to this also I just signed up today.
    I understand where you are coming from, my grandmother has Type 2 diabetes and my mother is at the starting stage.
    All my life my weigh has been up and down. I was always on the chubby side. Befor I had my daughter in 2004 I was working two jobs and going out with my boyfriend at the time on the weekend's to party so I was getting skinny whick I liked but at the same time I Iooked sick. A few years later I got married in 2008 and my weigh has went up even though I do feel (some times) I have lost some and my husband says I have lost some but deep down I know my weight has not change.
    Anyways I would like to be your friend.

Jessie
    Arizona
  • smardie
    smardie Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome and good luck !

You could add me if you want .

It is hard to get there alone.

Mark
  • Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the newbies to MFP. Feel free to add me to your friends list :)
  • PattiG1
    Options
    Thanks Jeremy!:smile:
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of great support, feel free to add me!
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have requested you to !!
    :o)
  • Iwillbeback
    Options
    Also a newbie, so feel free to add me, I am guessing the more support we have on here the better it will be... I am a little addicted to the community message boards at the mo, learning lots :-)
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me aswell, iv not got many friends on this boo hoo xx
  • grammatoots
    Options
    I just joined today, need to lose quite a bit. Need support and encouragement. I want to try to improve my health. Add me if you like,
  • Viktorja
    Viktorja Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined today as well. Was recommended by a friend, who had had it recommended to her. Though this is day one for me on here, its day three of my new healthy eating plan. Would love to make some friends on here for support!