Question.

Options
I go on vacation to california tomorrow for my cousin's wedding and I will be gone for 12 days. My aunt and uncle have an elliptical and some weight stuff at their place so its not the excercise I'm worried about but the food. I already decided that I am going to go grocery once I get there, but I know we are going to be going a lot of places where we will be staying in hotels (Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, etc.). I already also planned my cheats to be during the wedding and the week after when I go to Disney Land! Anyway, I got my weight down to 122-123 lbs. over these past two weeks and I don't want to sabotoge my hard work by eating too much..I haven't been this weight since my senior year in high school! My question is..would it be a good idea to eat maintenance calories for 122 lbs and then continue my weight loss once I come home? Would that even work?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I go on vacation to california tomorrow for my cousin's wedding and I will be gone for 12 days. My aunt and uncle have an elliptical and some weight stuff at their place so its not the excercise I'm worried about but the food. I already decided that I am going to go grocery once I get there, but I know we are going to be going a lot of places where we will be staying in hotels (Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, etc.). I already also planned my cheats to be during the wedding and the week after when I go to Disney Land! Anyway, I got my weight down to 122-123 lbs. over these past two weeks and I don't want to sabotoge my hard work by eating too much..I haven't been this weight since my senior year in high school! My question is..would it be a good idea to eat maintenance calories for 122 lbs and then continue my weight loss once I come home? Would that even work?

• littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Yep that would work great, would probably even boost your weight loss when you start again. (thats what I did when I hit a plateau)

the only thing... I wouldnt go all the way to maintenance, as your body isnt used to eating that much - I would go somewhere in between what you eat now and maintenance.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

drink lots of water to coinside with the drinks and extra stuff... one drink one water..... it helps keep you full.. dance a lot at he wedding and walk to all the cool sites.. STAY AWAY FROM ALL U CAN EAT BARS IN VEGAS...lol... enjoy your time...youll find yourself being careful of your choices...a nd water more water...lol ENJOY adnd:drinker: HAVE FUN
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    I just noticed we weigh the same now and our goal is pretty similar too, so if it worked for me, then it will probably work for you too.
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i live in califorina and you really have to watch yourself. What I would do is go to the store and get breakfast stuff like oatmeal, fruit whatever you eat for breakfast and get water. As long as you eat breakfast and drink water you should be fined. I hope you have fun on your trip make sure you go to Pink hotdogs stand it been around 60 years.