Not new but new to the message board

Options
I have been using MFP for about a year... I have not done a good job at it... I would lose 3 to 5 pounds and then stop. At 19 I was 145 then got pregnant with twin boys, which left me at 175. Four years later I had another baby, leaving me at 185. And now I'm at 200. I'm 26 now and I want to feel pretty again and have some self esteem. It would be nice to have some friends that understand what I'm going through. But even if no one responds, I hope everyone is able to get to their goals! ~
Cottie

Replies

• Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it.I have been at this for a year and have lost 52 pounds. You just have to make time for yourself, stop putting everything and everyone first. I know it is hard, especially with small kids in your house but they will be the better for it also. I am just 6 pounds short of my goal, its been a long slow haul but I feel so much better.

Good luck and friend me if you would like.

:)
    Dianne
  • Cottie04
    Options
    Thank you Dianne! It is very hard! I'm a stress eater and I have no self control. I'm trying to work on that also!

Congratz on the 52pounds that is great!
  • tdmiles02
    tdmiles02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cottie...I too have been using MFP for awhile...I downloaded it about a year ago, but in April my husband and I started using it together. It really helped to have someone that I could talk about calories and exercise, etc right here. It also helped as far as eating was concerned. Together we've lost about 70 pounds since April. It has made a huge difference in how we feel. I know you can do it too! For awhile, it will be difficult to remember, but after awhile, it will just become part of each meal. I carry my lunch to work, so I put in my breakfast and lunch in the morning...that way, I know how many calories are left for the evening.
    Good luck and keep on keepin' on!
  • Cottie04
    Options
    Thanks congrats on the 70 pounds. I do need to try and get my boyfriend on here. He wants to help me but he is 6'3" and eats pretty big and I always want what he is having. (No good). I have thought about packing my lunch to make things easier. I'm not sure if this is right or not, but I try not to eat all my Cal while I'm at work because I never now how my evenings will go since I have three kids to mind. My mother watches them and some times she will have dinner ready when I get home. That normally throws me all off. I know I have a long road ahead of me!