Replies

• dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on what sounds you hear.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    The sound you hear after you get out of a loud concert..... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol
  • matternmr85
    matternmr85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do. Some days are worse than others. I usually have to hear something to set it off but I work at a school so the bells are always making it worse.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I do. Some days are worse than others. I usually have to hear something to set it off but I work at a school so the bells are always making it worse.

Yeah, I agree that you definitely need a sound in the background as to not make the EEE sound so predominant ... Do you feel yours get's worse with age?
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes! I happen to have ringing in my ear this very moment. I normally don't notice it during the day unless I think about it. It's a lot worse at night, when I'm trying to go to sleep. :explode:
  • matternmr85
    matternmr85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not really, it depends on what I have been doing. If I am working on something and having to use my drill or on a car I will get it a lot for a while but it will wear off and I won't get it for a while.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I do, but it doesn't happen too often. Usually I have to give my head a couple of smacks and then that seems to settle it down.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Me. I have never heard silence.

It is loudest when there is no other sound around - in the bathroom after a shower is the loudest time.

Sounds like a high pitched electronic noise.

My husband also has it and he reckons it's getting worse as he ages - he is 53.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I was never officially 'diagnosed' but I have a constant buzz in my ears. Even when all the machines die I can hear it. BUUZZZZZZ. It's very frustrating at night when I'm trying to sleep.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I was never officially 'diagnosed' but I have a constant buzz in my ears. Even when all the machines die I can hear it. BUUZZZZZZ. It's very frustrating at night when I'm trying to sleep.

Same for me. When it was really bad in the past, I had an old radio I would set between stations. The white noise cancelled out all the buzzing, whooses, and squeals.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Same for me. When it was really bad in the past, I had an old radio I would set between stations. The white noise cancelled out all the buzzing, whooses, and squeals.

:D I've taken to running a fan at night. The fan noise cancels out the buzzing noise and I can sleep. The worst is when I get colds and things get plugged. The buzzing seems to get extra loud.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Did you know that taking some over the counter meds can worsen it? I think Tylenol is one of them.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Actually someone I know takes Riboflaven to stop it.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I'm used to it now personally, it varies in pitch.. so only every so often will it be a high pitch "EEE". I heard that there is a certain tone or type of music you can listen to, which will lighten the noise.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    booyea i do and its freaking annoying especially when it's quiet...
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I thought it was normal as a kid too. I always keep some sort of background noise on, less likely to bug the life out of me that way.