New to this site

Options
I have just joined today and I am hoping that this will be a big motivator. I would love to lose 50 lbs, but will be glad with any amount lost. Being able to track what I eat on my phone will hopefully keep me on track since I will be able to post immediately instead of eating all day and then figuring out all the numbers at the end of the day and hoping that I made good choices. I am starting a Physical Fitness Challenge at a local Church next Monday. It will be 3 evenings a week. Hopefully with these two things together I will be off on the right foot. My 30 year class reunion is coming up in the fall and I am hoping to be a few pounds lighter but the biggest thing is to have more energy.

I am looking forward to all the knowledge everyone on this site has to share. I have spent most of the afternoon looking around and reading what other people have posted and I am glad to see that much of what I have read is from honest folks in the same boat as myself.

Replies

• NatashaCeeLow1
    NatashaCeeLow1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Yes it offers many great tools including advice from the members.
  • eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I joined a while back but fell of the bandwagon and started back yesterday... I have found the community to be very motivational, and the ability to track everything right after you eat is wonderous!

Feel free to add me, and we can start our journeys together! I'd love to give you some motivational words each day to help keep you on track!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You will do great! Check out the success stories, they are so inspiring!
  • glitter67
    glitter67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya...I joined in October last year and am very happy with the results so far... MFP is a great site and like you said keeps you on track during the day... Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you like :)
  • ladylove58
    Options
    I am new to this site and group and am hoping to make this new year a successful one in weight loss. I have been down this road before and haven't had much luck ,I don't have a support system that works and I'm hoping to find it here amongst new friends and people who are in the same situation I am,Thanks . P.S My photo is my beautiful granddaughter whom is my angel .
  • ladylove58
    Options
    I am new to this site and group and am hoping to make this new year a successful one in weight loss. I have been down this road before and haven't had much luck ,I don't have a support system that works and I'm hoping to find it here amongst new friends and people who are in the same situation I am,Thanks . P.S My photo is my beautiful granddaughter whom is my angel.:flowerforyou:
  • mwownbey
    Options
    i can not figure out how to add anyone as a friend?? I had one person send me a request that I accepted but can't seem to get it figured out? HELP!!! Please either request me or someone please tell me how to request !!