Anyone tried "Curves"? Give me your thoughts......

Options
2»

Replies

• Zelenka06
    Options
    I went to Curves and loved it! I hadn't exercised in years and it didn't take long to get my endurance up. I always hated going to gyms I never felt comfortable, but at Curves I felt right at home!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i tried curves years ago, and i liked it because it was for women only and didn't take forever and there were women of every age, weight, ethnicity, and pysical condition. it was not intimidating at all and it was a wonderful opportunity for social interaction, and i felt very safe there. it is GREAT for beginners. but after about 6 or 8 months, i noticed i wasn't getting as much physical benefit as i had in the beginning, so i moved on to something else and now i work at the YMCA.
    in making your decision, consider what you are able to do, what you are willing to do, the cost, the convenience, and how much commitment you are willing to make. for example, if it's easy to pop into curves for 30 minutes on the way home from work, but difficult to go somewhere else, then it's a no-brainer, because you are more likely to go to curves than the other place.
    in any case, if you don't like it, you can stop. it's not a lifetime commitment. if they have a 6-month membership option, get that and when your contract is up, re-evaluate your situation. shop around. try new things.
    if you feel uncomfortable with contracts, go to the YMCA, you can cancel any time. or get a bicycle, take you neighbor's dog for a walk, take a tai chi class at the local college. the options are endless, but basically, the best thing for you to do is the thing you will actually DO and KEEP doing.
  • Mommyfate
    Mommyfate Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    /my mother and I treid curves a long time ago. I didn't like it at all. I had no results after going everyday for over a month. The music is terrible, and there weren't enough machines (in my case). I eventually quit because everytime I'd show up this old lady who worked there would tell me how to do all the exercises (even though I'd been going for a while) and she'd tell me different every time... it was quite annoying. >_<
    In you're case I'd say TRY it... my mother and I paid for a year contract
  • bobbie1963
    bobbie1963 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I went for bout a year, i liked it, you can go to www. curves.com might find out more.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Getting different opinions is what this site is all about, so I really appreciate it. From what I read it seems like a great "starting" place and that is what I need.

I welcome any friend requests - I need all the help and motivatation I can get! And we can never have too many friends!!

We are all in this together.......

So thank you!!!