Help with the Weekends

Options
Hello,

I find it very hard to stay focused and on track with my diet on the weekends. During the week I do great (drink my water, stay on track with my calories, eat right) and when the weekend comes because I don't leave the house too much I find myself looking in cabinets for food and eating when I'm not even hungry.
In the past, I would just leave my house and go shopping to stop myself BUT I'm trying to cut back on that.

I was wondering does anyone else have this problem and what are some ways to help deal with it and be able to relax at home without eating everything in site JUST BECAUSE?

Thanks for any helpful tips.

Replies

• Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Weekends are killers for me. I have even gone as far as saying I hate weekends, I wish I could work every day.
    Crazy
    But I have learned (a little, I don't have this down solid) to keep chopped up veggies in the fridge all the time. Different kinds, so i don't get bored with just one kind.
    and I try really hard to drink more water to keep me full.
    I hope others give you more tips, because I could use them also.

:happy:
  • DebsComeBack
    DebsComeBack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough for everyone I think! For me personally, I change up my activity, instead of going to the gym (or even in addition to), I might do a little trail hike with family or even walk in a mall w/o buying anything and keep a snack in my purse.. Incorporating activity helps ease the boredom AND the guilt when you choose to treat yourself.

I also make sure to have some kind of comfort food (soups and chills) on the weekend! Fills you up,..you can eat it more than once and the possibilities are endless.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you both.....anything helps.

Glad I'm not the only one
  • FullSpectrum1
    FullSpectrum1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also find it hard to stay on point, but I try to start the day with my whey protien shake ( which fills me up and keeps me full for hours).

I also keep atkins and myoplex protien drinks for when I get hungry and want to snack. I find that I don't eat lunch as if I'm at work and I look up and I'm starved. Ill grab a shake and drink it right away... before going to the grocery store or reaching for a box of crakers.

My nutritionist suggests doing something creative and using your hands. :drinker:
  • larnocky
    larnocky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's hard when you're trying to be healthy, and save money at the same time! Rather than looking in the cupboards when you are bored, try distracting yourself with other (free or cheap) activities. Go for a walk, do your nails, meet a friend for coffee, go to the gym.

Keeping craving killers in the house will also help you to make better decisions - things like tea, veggies, or trail mix will all help keep your appetite in check. Try to mix protein with a carbohydrate to keep full longer - I like apples with peanut butter, or greek yogurt with nuts and dried fruit. (If you are OK with consuming sugar-free products - a lot of people rely on diet pop or sugar-free jello to break the sugar craving).
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree about going for a walk. If you live someplace cold, just bundle up!

I also have a lot of Babybel cheese (60 calories) and fat free yogurts. As well as what the previous poster said about cut up veggies. Popcorn and roasted chickpeas (delish!) are great to have if you are someone like me, who likes to snack - especially when watching bad TV on the weekends :smile:

Just try to keep yourself distracted. Play some games (crossword puzzles, Mai Jong, Angry Birds), read, go walking, clean the house (even better if you put some music on and dance!),etc. I think the TV is a trigger to eat badly (at least, it is for me).

Good luck, you can do it!
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!