water question

Options
I was wondering if you have a cup of hot tea do you count it as your water intake?
i am not sure if i should or not
thoughts and comments please

Replies

• Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    yes, I would still consider it water, coffee too.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You're body will see it as water. Many on here think you're body will not. They are wrong... this is why we have kidneys and a liver.
  • kats1108
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this up! I was not counting the hot tea I drink every day but I will now :)
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    i would.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I would. Think of it in these terms.

If you drink a glass of water and then eat some tea leaves, would you count the water?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    i count herbal tea and water as water. even though a liquid is a liquid.. i like giving my body something more pure.
  • NoExcusesJenn
    NoExcusesJenn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been told by my nutritionist and dietitian that as long as you do not add anything to your tea/coffee (unless it is no calorie sweetener) that you should count it towards your water intake.
    I know I have a huge problem with drinking plane water; I can’t stand it once it is at room temperature. My water has to be icy cold. So I started drinking tea at work and I drink about 8-10 cups of tea during a work day.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that counts as water, in my book, is water, pure water. everything else is a bonus. Sorry, I know you did not want to hear that. So I drink my gallon of water, my 3 cups of coffee, my 2 cups of decaf tea, and I love it!!!!!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't count anything as water. There is no validity to the 8 glasses a day, 1/2 your weight or any other theory on water consumption. Your body needs fluids to operate and as long as your urine is pale yellow and you aren't feeling thirsty then you're fine. You get fluid from tea, coffee, fruits, vegetables, soups, soda, milk, juices, jello, etc. Your body doesn't reject tea because it's got tea leaf extract in it. Give your kidneys a break and only drink when you need to.