Great job!
  • drlauram
    drlauram Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That's briliant. Well done on sticking with it.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well done! are those UK clothing sizes or US ones?
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP on Jan 2nd 2012. My starting weight was 220lbs and I was in a size 16/18. Today I'm at about 164 and a size 8!! So here's hoping for another year as successful as 2012!

You have done an amazing job! This is just the inspiration I needed. I started last year around the same time at 221 and 5'7 I however haven't been as successful. I managed to lose 33lb but unfortunately have gained back just over a 1/3 of it. I have re-committed this year and am determined to be successful. Seeing your results after such similar starting stats is just the boost I needed.
    Thank You for sharing.

p.s hope you don't mind but I have friend requested you.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Amazing & very inspiring!! What sort of goals did you do to lose the weight?
    I didn't really set concrete goals as far as loss goes...it was more of a 'one day at a time' approach. I had my daily calorie goal and stuck to it, but not so severely that I wasn't happy. I didn't weigh my food or anything so drastic, but I was honest about what I ate. I've taken a few breaks but continued eating sensibly. My ultimate goal is 140 lbs, just another 23.5 away! but I'm flexible about it.
    When I first started I had a goal to get rid of sugar...and I kept it up for 3 months. I stopped drinking sugary drinks and even putting sugar in my tea. I had a goal to move every day...so I started walking every day before dinner. That lasted until my workouts became more intense, then I started taking days off. I didn't step foot in a gym until a couple months ago (I got the membership for winter running)...I didn't work out just to work out. I did things I enjoyed, like dance classes, yoga, hiking. I still hate going to the gym.
    My main goals with fitness revolved around running. I started from scratch, did the C25k program and have kept running since I finished it.
    Too elaborate or did I answer your question?

This is really helpful! I appreciate your candor about moderation. Sounds like you achieved your success and stayed sane and happy at the same time/ Integrating movement that you enjoyed, not just slogging it out on the treadmill day after day, sounds great!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!! Nice work! Love it!! xx
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful.
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • oliverluca
    Options
    i've just joined - your story is so inspiring. congratulations and thank you for sharing.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! That's about a pound a week - perfect! Just the inspiration this newbie needs. I am also 5'7" but when I hit your starting weight I'll be doing a happy dance - that will be 53 lbs down for me! I joined in May but my head wasn't in the game - it is now and week one almost done! Thanks for posting this! :wink:
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well done! are those UK clothing sizes or US ones?

US sizes :smile:

Thanks all...Glad I could be of inspiration...I'm flattered :blushing:
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastic. Congratulations on your hard work.
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow :) that's dedication! well done sticking to it.. you look great! :D
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!! Congrats! Going from 16/18 to 8 is A-MA-ZING!! Congrats!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an accomplishment! Congrats.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Great job. Thanks for sahring. If you feel like your not done continue. C25k is great. I started out doing it then I had an injury. I started back but never finished I just started pushing myself to increase my endurance I started with three minutes then went to five and increased every time. I'm currently at 20 minutes straight. You are an inspiraion. Thanks for sharing your pictures and how u got down.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You're a huge inspiration! Same starting weight.
    I hope to have the same success in 2013. (:
  • HTotty72
    HTotty72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very motivating. Thanks for sharing. You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!