Goal Weight Tattoo

Options
I know a lot of people out there have decided on getting a tattoo when they reach their goal weight. I decided to do the same but wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. Today, I decided and here it is:

WallSwirlyBird1_zps51adc485.png

Another motivation for me to lose weight - so excited :happy:

Replies

• DuhhMuffin
    Options
    Where do you want to get the tattoo?

I also want a tattoo when I am within at least 10 pounds of my goal, and I want it on my shoulder :3
  • Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been designing a Monarch Butterfly tattoo for my goal. I just need to find the right artist to do it.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I also want a tattoo when I am within at least 10 pounds of my goal, and I want it on my shoulder :3

On my lower back at the right but close enough so it's kind of on my side :smile:

What are you thinking of getting?
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options

On my lower back at the right but close enough so it's kind of on my side :smile:

What are you thinking of getting?

Something with thorns and a heart. That's the only thing that's been consistent when I try to draw something out c:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    That is going to be a really lovely tattoo and it's such a great idea to have a tattoo as a reward!

I have two goals to reach, one for each tattoo that I want to get :)

First tattoo is going to be a homage to my grandmother who died two years ago. She is the native side of my family and made us dreamcatchers when we were kids and passed that tradition on to my dad. So I am going to be getting a dreamcatcher on my right side under my armpit on my ribs down to about my hip with her name in the stringing of the dreamcatcher. This is my 1/2 way done goal.

Second one will be a back piece that I am designing myself and since I have a lot of time from now to when I hit my goal weight I know I will be able to finish it in time.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    Lovely design, its very graceful.

Do you have a tattoo already?

Fair warning, they really are addicting. People always say that, I never believed it... that is 'till I got my first, and then a year later my second, and now a year later I am drawing out my third. The only reason I don't have more is money.
    Also something to consider about tattoos involving sides, if you have a baby somewhere down the line... they can distort, same with ones on hips, lower belly, etc. so be careful where you place it if children are a possibility someday. I don't think many young woman take that into consideration. Tattoo artist, at least good ones, will have lots to say and can help you out with the decision on where to put it, if you are unsure.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That design looks great! I think a tat as a reward is a great idea. You are working your body to look better, and putting something on it that accents it, draws attention to that area, or means something to you, your life, or your achievements, is a great way to reward yourself. The nice thing about using it as a reward, gives you a chance to make sure it is exactly what you want, and where you want it. And yes, as indicated, they are addicting! How many people do you know that only have 1?
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Lovely design, its very graceful.

Do you have a tattoo already?

Fair warning, they really are addicting. People always say that, I never believed it... that is 'till I got my first, and then a year later my second, and now a year later I am drawing out my third. The only reason I don't have more is money.
    Also something to consider about tattoos involving sides, if you have a baby somewhere down the line... they can distort, same with ones on hips, lower belly, etc. so be careful where you place it if children are a possibility someday. I don't think many young woman take that into consideration. Tattoo artist, at least good ones, will have lots to say and can help you out with the decision on where to put it, if you are unsure.

Yep, I do - got a treble clef on my left wrist and 3 red and black flowers (one tattoo though) on my right ankle. The tattoo artist told me that they are addictive when I got my first one and I know what he meant. I plan on going to the same place I had my first 2 done because they're really good and they actually ask their clients (is that the right word to use?) to bring in pictures of what they want done or they make up the stencils freehand in the shop. For my first one, I knew I wanted something musical but couldn't find exactly what I wanted so when I went in for my appointment, he drew the clef there and then for me and the one on my ankle, I drew myself (not a fab drawing and slightly regretted it afterwards but grown to like it) - will post pictures when I take them...don't have any at the moment

I know what you mean - my best friend has 3 butterflies on her abdomen and I wondered if it was such a good place to get it for the sake of pregnancy and such which is why I chose mine to be mostly on my back so that if I become pregnant (which I hope to become sometime in the future) it won't be as disordered as one on my tummy would be.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Whoops, resized :smile:

Tattoo #1
    IMAG0360_zps0d12fd43.jpg

Tattoo #2
    IMAG0361_zpsbcc05214.jpg

Tattoo #3 will be bigger so took my time in choosing the right pic - hopefully won't go second guessing myself in the time it takes to reach my goal weight though, just gotta stay away from bird tattoo designs :tongue:
  • nursemarie162
    Options
    i love that idea about getting a tattoo to celebrate your weight loss! I have two tattoos now but was always careful to put them in places that didnt make me feel uncomfortable about my body. When I reach my goal weight i would love to get my rib cage done, i have always thought they were so sexy but never felt confident enough to get it done...thanks for the inspiration! make sure you post when you get it
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    I have two tattoos. Myfirst is giant, it's a chest piece and the second is on my shoulder for my son. Ill be getting another in March for my hub. My goal tat is going to be a Harry Potter themed tat probably across my upper shoulders or if I feel thin enough my waist. I love what you picked it is really lovely!!! I love tats... Great motivation and they tell such a story! Good luck!
  • 503nicksmom
    Options
    I am going to get a tattoo when I get there too. It's going to be a peacock feather probably on top of my right foot. I want this tattoo where I can see it. I have one tattoo I got for another reason, but it's on my back and I don't get to enjoy looking at it unless it's in a mirror.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    i love that idea about getting a tattoo to celebrate your weight loss! I have two tattoos now but was always careful to put them in places that didnt make me feel uncomfortable about my body. When I reach my goal weight i would love to get my rib cage done, i have always thought they were so sexy but never felt confident enough to get it done...thanks for the inspiration! make sure you post when you get it

I envy you for wanting a rib cage tat. Those are some of the most painful xb
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    LOVE INK!!! Good for you girlie!
  • nursemarie162
    Options
    I think the pain will be worth the end result! i mean we put ourselves through hell to lose weight and at the end we look fantastic so i guess thats my motivation...because i know at the end i will finally be one of the girls that i have always envied.... : D
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am getting a tat done of a cross that my son drew for me. It was supposed to be my reward for breaking 200 but finances have pushed it back a bit.

I should mention this will be my first tat
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Oh that's really pretty! I got a 100lb lost tattoo on my back (a few lbs before 100 ;) )