p90x

Options
Hi everyone,

I was considering starting the p90x program but don't have a pull up bar or the bands. I do have dumbells that range from 5 lbs to 52.5 lbs. I live in a fairly small apartment so I didn't know whether the pull up bar would be worth it and i don't really have anywhere to use the bands in place of the pull up bar. Is it okay to just skip those parts in the workouts or should I just really go with the pull up bar and get some bands? I thought maybe I could just get away without these for my p90x run through.

Replies

• jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't have the pullup bar either so I just use the bands like they show (they show the alternative to the bar during the workout). I would suggest the bands- they are a good addition especially in a small appt...that is what I do since I live in a small appt. Good luck on the program and stay focused =)
  • rpolzin25
    rpolzin25 Posts: 19
    Options
    Only I don't have place to hook the bands too? Any ideas for that?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,746 Member
    Options
    You can get the door attachment from Beachbody so you can use the bands pretty much anywhere:
    http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/MDACCBANDUPK1?referringRepId=8062

:bigsmile:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I use the Bally bands that go over a door. No screws or anything. It just goes over the door and you close the door to hold it in place. I got mine at Walmart for less than $20
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    In order to get the most of the program, you would absolutely need one or the other. I have the pull up bar and it works great. Pull ups are probably about half the chest and back workout. And there is another workout that uses the pull up bar too, I can't remember which one off the top of my head though. In my opinion, I think it's totally worth it to get the bar.
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I've been using the bands, I wrap them around a beam in my basement. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get my husband to install the pull-up bar he bought me? :-/

The bands do work well especially in the beginning. I definitely would not skip that part of the workout at all. The legs and back routine uses the bands or pull-up bar for half of the workout. You'd be missing a lot by skipping those exercises.

Shua