Two days, one pound! -Earguy

Options
I know, man pounds are like dog years.

Been on track for two days, and I'm one pound less! I certainly don't expect to continue at that rate, and I know there might be a week when I lose nothing, but those first quick-loss drops sure help my motivation.

And *now* I can put a ticker at the bottom of my posts! I made a custom one using a landscape shot I took when I visited Arizona last year.

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yay! Nice work :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weighing yourself daily as long as you are prepared for the fluctuations.... Otherwise it will drive you crazy!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I agree completely with the poster above me. I weigh every day, but I am determined to log ANY difference once a week on the same day to truly measure my progress.

Good luck to you.
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! By the way, how do you put the ticker on your posts? That is also motivation for me as I'm a very visual person?
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    I used to measure daily, but it can get quite obsessive and can fluctuate alot, best thing to do is measure yourself once a week a the same time on the same day. But it sounds like your on the right path
  • Earguy
    Earguy Posts: 35
    Options
    Good for you!! By the way, how do you put the ticker on your posts? That is also motivation for me as I'm a very visual person?

Go to your profile, Under "my progress" there should be a line that says "personalize your ticker." Create your ticker, then you'll have instructions on inserting it into your message posts.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yep...I weigh in every morning before eating or drinking, and after a good pooh....:huh:

I track trends more than obsess over numbers.
    Just keep your expectations real.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I agree completely with the poster above me. I weigh every day, but I am determined to log ANY difference once a week on the same day to truly measure my progress.

Good luck to you.

^^this! I just don't sweat the scale. There's more to weightloss than the number on the scale, get a good measuring tape, it'll definitely help!
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love the "man pounds are like dog years".

Yep.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    As an Arizonan, I heartily approve of your use of our beautiful landscape to be your motivational image!
  • moostrodamus
    Options
    Tuesday will be my one week weigh in...if i loose 2 pounds I'll be pretty happy and like Earguy can put up my little meter.
    :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!