headaches during cardio

Options
Ok, so when I really push it with my cardio I tend to get headaches. What would be the cause of this and what do I need to do? I eat ALL day but still remain in my calorie range...the hard part is that I never know how long I might get to work out or how many calories I might burn until I actually do it (I have a 3 month old and a 7 yr old that keep me on my toes!) So, I don't always get to eat all of my exercise calories back. For example, my calorie goal is 1200 / day and I burned 571 last night at my workout. I had only eaten a lil over 900 before I left for step class at 6:30. so that left me with almost another 800 calories to eat when I got home......AROUND 8:00!! Of course i don't want to eat that much before going to bed so I just had a bowl of cereal with 1% fat milk for a lil over 300 calories. So I still had a 400 cal deficit for the day. Will this hurt my efforts in the long run? I really need to lose this baby fat and would like to be bathing suit worthy by my beach trip in June! lol Help!!!!

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Make certain to replenish with protein after an intense workout like that...I use EAS protein powder/drink.

Get plenty of water before, during, and after your workout.

I had some of the same aches until I started feeding my body for the workout & compensating afterward.

Good workout!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink lots of water!
  • Deniseisskinny
    Deniseisskinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add electrolytes to your water that will help keep you more hydrated beyond just water They sell them in the little flavored packets (without all the calories from gatorade) to add to water, it really helped me I was getting light headed
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    For situations like that, I like to keep peanut butter (the ingredients should read PEANUTS and nothing else) and protein powder on hand. Throw 2 tbsp of peanut butter, some ice, a banana, and some chocolate protein powder in to a blender along with maybe some milk and you've got yourself a bunch of HEALTHY calories, potassium for reducing cramping and replenishing elecrolytes, healthy fats, protein, and depending on what type of powder you use some fiber too.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i get headaches during working out if i haven't had enough water :)
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm quite sure its dehydration. You need to drink more.. LOTS more! With cardio workouts I tend to sweat to an extreme and if you do too, it will definitely contribute to a headache.