Favorite Type of Workout Shoe??

Options
I know this is going to differ for EVERYONE (because of different arches, comfort level, need, etc.), but I still would like opinions! What is your favorite type of shoe to work out in?? I currently have a pair of UnderArmor running shoes, but sadly they need to be retired... I'm going to look for a new pair of shoes tomorrow, and I need suggestions on what to try on!

Replies

• truckers_wife
    Options
    I have a pair of New Balance that are great. The most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. Don't think I will ever buy another brand. I normally wear wide width due to a bunion on one foot and problems with corns on the other. But my New balance are regular width and don't hurt my feet at all.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My New Balance shoes were great, but tread recently wore down on them. Just bought a pair of Nike Free running shoes yesterday. Broke them in last night and loved them. Comfortable and light!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    MBT
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hands down, Aesics!
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ryka. They're designed for women's feet and I can work out in a brand new pair for hours without having to worry about breaking them in. Very comfortable.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    New Balance 1226. I order mine 2 pairs at a time due to lack of size and availability in stores. I have flat and wide feet, these shoes make me feel like I am running on air. No other running shoes provides as much comfort and stability for my feet.
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Saucony Hurricane 14s. They're stability running shoes. I've tried others, but nothing works for me like these do. But it all depends in what you want to use the shoes for I guess.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I run in my saucony hattori:
    879155510_260.jpg

and I lift in these, because I'm an O.G.:
    1450_07_1_web.jpg
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Asics gel.
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a true running shoe, you should go to a running store. They will ask you all kinds of questions about your runs, or if you have any foot problems. They also watch your gate and put you in the proper shoe for that. I wear a neutral shoe, so I love my Brooks, and Asics. I was wearing the wrong kind of shoe for years. Anyway, Happy Shoe Shopping tomorrow!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Under Armor Spine running shoe. The best running shoe I have ever bought!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I'm a Nike girl :)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Vibrams Trek Sports all the way! Those shoes changed my life literally.
  • IsidoraAngst
    Options
    Well, it all depends on what you are looking for and what you're planning on doing. There's Training, Running, and Walking shoes. Walking shoes are solely for walking. Training shoes are geared to more exercise regiments and can be used for running as well. Running shoes are more for trailing running, cross country, jogging, etc.

New Balances are great walking shoes.

New Balance, Saucony, Asics, and Adidas are perfect for running.

Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, and Asics are great training shoes.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    New Balance 494 Walking Shoe. Excellent support and very comfortable. The 494 was actually discontinued by NB a few years ago, but thanks to an online NB clearance outlet I've been able to still get them and have a little stockpile of 3 pairs.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Noosa Tri-7 or Tri-8 or Asics Kayano (the Kayano's are for high arches) GREAT shoes and I would never wear anything other than Asics!
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel-Kayanos have taken me happily through many marathons. Pricey but I love them.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Adidas. They always seem to fit me best and last long. Currently I have a pair of Adidas I run in and will be looking for another pair very soon. I bought a pair of Reebok Realflex. Initially I was impressed but after wearing them a bit they leave me wanting. I wear these to the gym and save my Adidas for road work. I would suggest a running specialty store. The ones near me will check your pronation and assist you with selecting the best shoe. ****'s Sporting Goods I found always has a good selection of the latest offerings from top shoe companies such as Brooks, Asics, Adidas, and Nike. Do look into Brooks and Asics. They make some sweeet running shoes.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I like my Aesics, but somtimes I will go barefoot
  • megd726
    megd726 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would recommend going to a store to get fitted (not a big box store - local running store). As someone posted above, they will watch you in the shoes and will take the time to talk to you to find out what you are looking for. I have been in Ascis Cumulus and Saucony Ride 4 over the last few years. Going to switch it out some for my next half marathon training session with Brooks Glycerin.