How to complete my food for today?

Options
I have 841 calories left. All my nutrition is achieved except carbs, calories and sodium. Do i sit and eat popcorn with salt all night???? Look at my diary and let me know your nutritional suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Please don't think you have to stick with the guidelines that MFP has set up for your macros (fat,carbs etc). By all means eat more protein.. Your protein can be about 40% of your calories or if you know your lean body mass you can eat that much in protein as well..
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I see lots of extra calories for a couple more glasses of wine. ;)
  • FryBerry
    FryBerry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to leave maybe 2-300 open if I don't exercise everyday. If I don't feel hungry I just usually close the books for the day. Don't wanna start eating stuff an hour or so before going to sleep. Best of luck
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Eat what ever the hell you want.

800 cals of ice cream, MMMMM
    800 cals of Chocolate, MMMMMM
    800 Cal of Peanut butter, MMMMMM
    800 Cals of Strawberries, MMMMMMM

Or you can make an ice cream sundae with 200 cals of each. MMMMMMMM
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I like to leave maybe 2-300 open if I don't exercise everyday. If I don't feel hungry I just usually close the books for the day. Don't wanna start eating stuff an hour or so before going to sleep. Best of luck

*kitten*, when I have 800 calories left, I eat them while IN bed.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

*kitten*, when I have 800 calories left, I eat them while IN bed.

LOL!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOLOL!!! GREAT idea!!!

oops it did not Quote like I asked it to... this was in reply to eating the 800 extra IN bed!!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You need to lose those chopped tomatoes. Too much sodium will make you retain water. Other than that, your diet looks okay to me.:flowerforyou:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Yea, go for the protein...but ONLY IF you are hungry.

On way to think about it is that your total calories are averaged out per day. There might be times that you go 50-100 calories over. You won't feel disgusted/disappointed with yourself having a day like this.

But, no, don't eat if you are not hungry.

Then again, I am not in the medical/dietary field. JMO.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't wanna start eating stuff an hour or so before going to sleep. Best of luck

why? isn't adequate macronutrient intake for recovery and body function more important than the bodies hormonal response to hunger? just speculating.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I see lots of extra calories for a couple more glasses of wine. ;)

And red wine is good for the heart!!! BONUS!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    About the timing of eating, I am neutral because I tend to count my calories on a weekly basis rather than hourly or daily. However, I do have a friend that (according to his doctor) developed acid reflux due to my friend's habit of eating his largest meal shortly before bed. My friend is quite fit.