Hi everyone! im the new girl..

Options
Hey everyone! just wanted to introduce myself.. looking for a few people to keep me in line here :) Im excited and totally freaked out at the same time to start this. To start this "shedding" I gave up pop. Completly cold turkey, and havent had on since feb. 20th. Yay me!! now on to bigger triggers. Sugar in any form. Anyone have tips? hints? magic beans??
Looking forward to my new friends!

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good for you on giving up pop. I have never been able to take that step!
  • SandyRob
    SandyRob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm afraid I don't have any magic beans to offer..but I'm just finding that keeping track of what I eat really helps me to
    have more control, as well as, see just WHAT I'm eating in a day.
    Giving up pop is probably a good thing..as it really has nothing going for it (except enjoyment), but really it's all about
    moderation in everything. Depriving myself of something always makes me want it that much more.
    I probably haven't said anything that you don't already know...so just have fun & chat with all of us...we all love to encourage one another, which is what is best about MFP...you're not alone!

Sandy
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Welcome! I used to be a pop-o-holic! I don't even like pop anymore now!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I have a total sweet tooth! I usually crave anything sweet after a meal. So, usually I pop a piece of gum in my mouth or eat some fruit. That has seemed to help me. Usually I crave something sweet after eating something salty, so I try to avoid much salt and drink plenty of water. My cravings have seemed to go down drastically since my weightloss started. I try to keep tempting treats out of the house also. I will however indulge every once in a while at b'day parties and such, but have found that even birthday cake is too rich in taste now that I am not used to having sweets all the time. I usually eat about 1/3 of the piece I normally would have eaten in the past. This site is a great place for support and motivation. I hope that it helps you in your journey. Congrats on quitting the soda. I too quit sodas cold turkey about 3 years ago, just because. I have found that I really don't even like them anymore. It's not easy but is possible and there are a lot of people here that will support you! Welcome!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am new here too :)

Well done on your progress so far :)

I don't have any magic beans unfortunately! But I'm sure that we will get loads of help and advice from everyone on here! One of the main things I need to remember is to drink plenty of water (or sugar free squash) as this always helps with my loss! Maybe it might help you too? :)

Look forwards to chatting!
    -x-x-