I did it!! Almost...

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
So my goal was to be at 160 on my birthday - which is today!!! and I ALMOST made it. I got food poisoning Friday (lucky!) and ended up losing a pound the next day...which I took easy food wise for the first half of the day...which I think contributes to my 1 lb. loss today! So I'm at 161. One pound away but I'm super proud of myself!!! I'm going to work hard to keep it off so no one can say "Well, you just threw up all your weight". No, 'cause I only threw up once. Hmph! *nose in air*

Thanks to everyone who's encouraged me in meeting my goal... I'm really excited for my next goal. 10 more lbs by June 1st. It's going to be super hard but I'm going to work super hard to get this weight off!!!!!

Oh, and happy dance... I went shopping for a new top for my birthday yesterday with a friend and it was suuuuch an uplifting experience! I got some cuuute tops and went into Victoria's Secret for kind of motivation. Once I get down to my goal size, I'm buying all new bras there and I am SUPER excited. (So is the boyfriend :blushing:)

Replies

• erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    that's Awesome! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! And I know they say almost only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades...but works pretty well for weight loss too :tongue: Congratulations all around.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY :happy:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I knew you could do it!!! Have an awesome 21st birthday!
  • donita_brooks
    Options
    Congrats! I just started today...
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    great job! and I'm not sure if u only just started in March but that's HUGE!

keep it up and you'll get there in no time.
  • aippolito1
    Options
    great job! and I'm not sure if u only just started in March but that's HUGE!

keep it up and you'll get there in no time.

Oh, no!! That would be unhealthy unless I had a LOT more weight to lose. I started the weekend of New Year's. :happy: I don't remember the exact day, but I had a checkup on 12.29 and I was my highest ever and started probably the next day eating better and I started working out a couple days after that. I've always loved exercising and eating good food and good-for-me food but it never sunk in exactly WHAT I was eating 'til I joined MPF and it's been such a lifesaver! I feel so much more organized in my weight loss and journey to health now! Thanks, mfp!!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Oh, the best part, girls... well, for me right now as I'm on this high (lol)... the top I ended up getting for my party tonight is gorgeous. It's black and ruched at the waist and is formfitting. I feel SO skinny in it!!! 3 months ago, I would have probably needed 2 sizes bigger! And it's at the size that I know I'll be able to wear it when I lose a little more weight. AND I got it free, my friend bought it as my present... so even though it's beautiful...once it doesn't fit, I won't feel bad!! I'll just recycle it to her once SHE gets small enough!!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome :flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Great job! Happy birthday!!! You definitely have lots to celebrate tonight! I think you're allowed to have a cheat day on your birthday, I can't think of a better day to do it on :D
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! & Happy BIrthday!!! :D
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    A Very Happy Birthday to you, its my daughters 13th Birthday today as well!!! congratulations and well done!!
  • stripes03
    stripes03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • ank5
    ank5 Posts: 12
    Options
    congrats and Happy Birthday! I'm struggling so much with this.....originally lost 3lbs, then mother in law has been in hospital for over a month in and out of ICU...with all the traveling and stress gained 5 POUNDS. Anyways....Thanks for sharing your success! I hope I can start losing too!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Congrats & happy belated birthday!! I hope it was grand! =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!