What a difference 1 year can make!

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Incredible story. I've lost around the same and I know what a difference it makes to your life. I've still got 50lbs or so to lose. I love being active (all though I have things to cope with that sometimes make it difficult)

It does amazing things for my psychological state and is a huge part of what makes me successful in this journey. Love to hear stories of others who have got active and it's changed their life.

Amazing before and after photo. Incredible turn around in one year! Just imagine where you will be a year from now! Pretty incredible! Well done!

Zara
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Dude, you look absolutely AWESOME! I've done just about the same thing myself in about a year. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes on my brother's birthday last year (January 26, 2012). After living on excuses, I quit it.

Here's how I've gone in almost one year exactly:
    TotalProgress2_zps64306308.jpg

It CAN be done, folks, and this guy has given me MORE inspiration to stay on the course I've been on!
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    Incredible! Awesome! Fantastic! INSPIRATIONAL!!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Goodness!!! I....WOW!!! I really am sitting here with my mouth open. HOW GREAT YOU LOOK!!

Oh, and I really like your triatholon outfit. :-)

Again, YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • michaelvhawk
    michaelvhawk Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, it really can be done. It was not in any way shape or form easy, but it was more than worth it. I lost most of the weight between January and the middle of June. In June I started really training for the triathlon and was ready to go by September. My first triathlon was Olympic distance and I am looking forward to taking it to the next level this year. One thing i have learned is that if you push yourself you will be surprised at what the human body can handle.
    You went to a couch potato to a triathlete from Jan to sept?
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MyTimeIsHere
    MyTimeIsHere Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So inspiring.....!!!!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Such an inspiration
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Definitely an inspiration, keep up the great work!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story and transformation. Mind over matter has always been my way of thinking. Congrats on your success!
  • keesha27
    keesha27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just.......Wow :wink:
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Congratulations!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes, it really can be done. It was not in any way shape or form easy, but it was more than worth it. I lost most of the weight between January and the middle of June. In June I started really training for the triathlon and was ready to go by September. My first triathlon was Olympic distance and I am looking forward to taking it to the next level this year. One thing i have learned is that if you push yourself you will be surprised at what the human body can handle.
    It was the same with me. I knew from the beginning it wasn't going to be easy, but if I wanted to do it, I knew I had to go through it. It's amazing how a simple change in eating habits and an increase in water intake and exercise makes a HUGE difference! Back in October, I did a 3.1 mile walk (I'm definitely NOT the triathlete type) in exactly one hour and was NOT out of breath. If I were still 192, I would've easily been out of breath. I've never been happier...or healthier in my life, and I won't be going back anytime soon! :bigsmile:
  • Robbo1tp
    Options
    Awesome
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    YOU are an inspiration!

Consistency is the key.
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. You look great and I am glad you feel good too
  • blutz
    blutz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration!!! Congratulations!!
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow! Astounding results in such a short time. Very motivational!
  • loolabell15
    Options
    You look awesome! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!