Special K protein water mix

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
I bought the special k protein water mix things last night. They have 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. I bought them because there supposed to curb your appetite. But my thing is..im afraid I'll gain weight from the protein...is that too little to gain weight?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Why do you think you would gain weight from protein? Your body needs protein every day even if you aren't building muscle.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    If you want to look at it calorically, 1g protein = 4 Calories. So that's only 20 Cals coming from protein... Now if you drank 20 of those a day, it would be a different story. One or 2 per day shouldn't matter. (I'd be more concerned about the fake sugars in them)
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    I use them all the time and they work well for me. Protien does not make you gain weight, it is one of the nutrients that you need. SOme of us struggle to get enough protien every day. Do you track your protein intake? When I reduced the fat percentage in my goals, MFP automatically increased my protein to compensate for it. :happy:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    protein helps you build lean muscle! I like to have a protein shake after a work out.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Protein is also an essential macronutrient that alot of people ignore because they dont understand that everyone needs it, not just body builders.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Have you tried it yet? I bought some when they first came out... but couldn't get past the taste... :huh: Maybe they've improved a bit? :happy:
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    5 grams of protein here and there throughout the day wont cause any type of excessive weight gain. you'll be fine haha