ooooohhh nooo

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
UGH its almost "that time" and I am sooooo hungry and I want friendlys sooooo bad right now!!!! UGH what can i do for lunch!?

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    If your really going to friendly's -

Try here: http://wwwthedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/friendlys

This might give you some help.
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Hit the grocery store instead!!! :O) Find something comparable to what you would get a Friendly's!! :o)
  • Pieater
    Pieater Posts: 40
    Options
    Try a Dunkin Donuts Egg White and Turkey Sausage Flatbread Sandwich. It has 300 calories and is good on the run.
  • CelLung
    CelLung Posts: 3
    Options
    For lunch, I think it's always good to stock up on fruit. The fiber in fruit and vegetables takes longer to digest, so you're fuller longer. That and fruits and veggies are packed with helpful vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. I read an article that claimed eating an apple with the skin on is good for you not only because apple skin contains pectin which is REALLY good for your skin, but since apple skin requires a lot of chewing, it sort of "tricks" your mind to believe (hunger is arguably psychological) that you're eating a lot. The *hopeful* end result is that you feel full and you won't eat as much after that. Of course, if an apple is the ONLY thing you eat during the day, the hunger will come back with a fury ;)
    So maybe a salad with fruit? Haha, I know that sounds like a generic "healthy food" response, but it has its benefits. It's been suggested by nutritionists that out of the three meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) at least one of those meals should be completely vegetarian. As a brief aside, I myself am unsure about what it means to be 'vegetarian' for some of them still eat some form of meat (fish, shellfish, turkey, etc...). And once a week, all of your meals should be vegetarian.
    If you like to chow down on the occasional animal (like I do) why not some fish? Omega-3 oils help with brain function. And a side of brown rice, mayhaps? It tend to jump between brown and white rice at times.
    Whatever you choose to eat, perhaps it would be wise to have that food actually contribute something to your system. What I mean is, even if it's high in calories (which admittedly, some healthy/natural/organic foods are, such as avacado), but if you're getting vitamins, minerals, and maybe a detox from some tea here or there, that (I think) is better than some fast food that has equal amount of calories but sets you back with lack of nutritional value.

Yeesh, I talk to much :/ I hope this helped in some form or fashion :O
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    Try a Dunkin Donuts Egg White and Turkey Sausage Flatbread Sandwich. It has 300 calories and is good on the run.

More like causes the runs....ugh
  • ZebraHead
    Options

More like causes the runs....ugh

ROTFLMFAO!! 24.gif
  • CelLung
    CelLung Posts: 3
    Options
    Here are the nutrition labels for the Friendly's menus.

http://www.friendlys.com/about/nutrition-allergens/

One meal can equal the caloric intake of an entire day. It's pretty scary.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    Im going to fight the temptation and make myself a roast beef sandwich and have some fruit salad as a side. OH and I already know about friendlys evil nutrition. The wrap i get ALONE is 1300 cals and thats not including the fries...so sad
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Im going to fight the temptation and make myself a roast beef sandwich and have some fruit salad as a side. OH and I already know about friendlys evil nutrition. The wrap i get ALONE is 1300 cals and thats not including the fries...so sad

112.gif
    Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Wrap (Friendly's)
    Calories: 1300, Total Fat: 90g, Carbs: 75g, Protein: 46g
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options

112.gif
    Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Wrap (Friendly's)
    Calories: 1300, Total Fat: 90g, Carbs: 75g, Protein: 46g

lol YEP thats the one!! And i get blue cheese too! Oye thats why im going to be strong!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    wtf is Friendly's?! must not be a michigan thing. :ohwell:
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    wtf is Friendly's?! must not be a michigan thing. :ohwell:

I've seen them in Virginia but not Missouri - They were in Malls kind of like a cross between Friday's and IHOP (maybe).
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    Friendly is a east coast thing. Its like a denny's or perkins in the plains, but more oriented to family