any fun vegetarian/vegan recipes to share?

Options
sarahdiedrich
sarahdiedrich Posts: 23 Member
i have a DELISH sweet potato sushi roll recipe - really easy to make and i wouldn't mind sharing :)

Replies

• lucylou9701
    Options
    I just made the most delicious tofu recipe. All I did was took a packaged of tofu and marinated it in coconut milk and curry spice. I let them special for an hour then I grilled them on my george forman grill with some peppers simple but delicious :)
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Penne with spinach and walnuts

INGREDIENTS

2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
    1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano-No Salt Added, undrained
    2 cups dry multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
    2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Made with Olive Oil Spread
    1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    NUTRITION INFORMATION*

Serving Size 4 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
    Calories 387
    View complete nutrition information

DIRECTIONS

Combine broth, undrained tomatoes, pasta and Fleischmann's in large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes or just until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
    Stir in spinach and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese just before serving.
  • TMB1015
    Options
    More recipes pls! Am a vegetarian too...anyone tried Schneiders Au Naturel meatless meatballs? Super yum 5 = 150 cals. Surprisingly very flavorful.
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Recipes post away!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, please share the sweet potato sushi roll recipe!

Try this, too: Lentil Cabbage Casserole

Ingredients for 1 very large serving:

1/4 of a cabbage
    1/4 to 1/2 onion (how much onion do you prefer?
    1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked brown basmati rice
    1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked lentils
    Either olive oil or butter (I rarely eat animal products, but this is one I like with butter!)
    salt
    pepper

The lentils and rice can be cooked ahead, and even refrigerated from earlier. How much to use depends on appetite and how many grains you like. I prefer a total of about 1/2 cup combined of rice and lentils, but up to about 1 cup combined works fine.

Chop the cabbage and onions. Place them in a steaming rack in a pot. If the lentils and rice are cold, put them in there, too, so they can heat up while the cabbage mixture steams.

Steam for 3 minutes, but no more than 5 minutes. You CAN cook it longer, but cabbage has some heat-sensitive nutrients in it, so I steam it for only a short time, at most 5 minutes.

Mix the steamed cabbage and onions with hot or warmed up lentils and rice, add up to 1 Tablespoon of either olive oil or butter (how much depends on tastes and calorie allotment). Add salt and Plenty of Pepper. You should be able to see flecks of pepper in this dish, but not so much it is overwhelming. You are going for some spicy warmth, here.

Serve and enjoy!

This is quick and easy to make, nutritious, very filling, and fairly low calorie, especially if you don't over-do the butter or olive oil! I often serve it with a side of cooked carrots.
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • notyourpalbuddy
    Options
    Check out the Post Punk Kitchen! My favorite spot for veggie recipes. Now if only I could get someone to cook *for* me...

http://www.theppk.com/category/recipe/low-fat/