so i need breakfastso far all i got is a egg with fuit , or smothy
and luch so far i have saled, sandwich, and soup
and dinner like lunch need more food idels
and freinds lol

Replies

• JasMikkol89
    JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy to help, i love cooking and very good at it (so a lot of people say) add me if you would like.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I get alot of recipes from Skinnytaste.com, easy & healthy, dinner leftovers make a healthy lunch the next day too. I rarely cooked before mfp, now I do and use that website often.
  • crystalwolf13
    Options
    THAnks going on it now
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This meal only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. I'll bet you will like it, even if you don't usually like cabbage! If you have any questions, just email me!

Lentil Cabbage Casserole

Ingredients for 1 very large serving:

1/4 of a cabbage
    1/4 to 1/2 onion (how much onion do you prefer?
    1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked brown basmati rice
    1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked lentils
    Either olive oil or butter (I rarely eat animal products, but this is one I like with butter!)
    salt
    pepper

The lentils and rice can be cooked ahead, and even refrigerated from earlier. How much to use depends on appetite and how many grains you like. I prefer a total of about 1/2 cup combined of rice and lentils, but up to about 1 cup combined works fine.

Chop the cabbage and onions. Place them in a steaming rack in a pot. If the lentils and rice are cold, put them in there, too, so they can heat up while the cabbage mixture steams.

Steam for 3 minutes, but no more than 5 minutes. You CAN cook it longer, but cabbage has some heat-sensitive nutrients in it, so I steam it for only a short time, at most 5 minutes.

Mix the steamed cabbage and onions with hot or warmed up lentils and rice, add up to 1 Tablespoon of either olive oil or butter (how much depends on tastes and calorie allotment). Add salt and Plenty of Pepper. You should be able to see flecks of pepper in this dish, but not so much it is overwhelming. You are going for some spicy warmth, here.

Serve and enjoy!

This is quick and easy to make, nutritious, very filling, and fairly low calorie, especially if you don't over-do the butter or olive oil! I often serve it with a side of cooked carrots.