A short girl looking for friends and motivation :)

Options
2»

Replies

• jacquelynnmarie
    jacquelynnmarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad so many people feel the same way. We can do this :)
  • lawryjm
    lawryjm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm am 5'2" as well and have about 10 pounds that I want to lose. I was there once, but I cannot seem to get back to it.

Fee free to add me as a friend.
  • Kimmybean13
    Kimmybean13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4.75 :-P, I consider myself a short girl who carries her weight well. I weigh 12stone 8 (176lbs) following Christmas, I'm a UK14.

I never was told I need to lose weight and I get told I'm silly when I try.

However, a year and a half ago I lost a lot of weight and almost achieved my goal, everyone agreed I looked great and I felt so much better. When at 10stone 10 (150lbs) I'm a definite size UK 10. After the biggest 'hiccup' I could possibly imagine I'm back at square one, in a very short space of time after a long period of maintenance and I'm looking for some real support this time around, to get there and keep it off.

Here to support and be supported.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm your exact same height and weight and totally get what you're saying. Feel free to add me.:happy:
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 ft.. so any weight tends to show :( I need motivation too!
    This! Except I'm 4'11". You know you really need to lose weight when people stop answering with 'you're small already and don't need to lose weight" and you just get a head nod. haha fml.

But yeah, add me!
  • mummyk2013
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'2 and seem to be alot heavier than most on here lol. it really shows on me. I have people saying you look ok as you are but when you're 28 and have 3 kids who need you chase around, this aint good haha. I am in desperate need of motivation and I am hoping I can find it on this site :)

Feel free to add
  • Kari1301
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 163, totally understand!!! I think this is what I need, a support group of people who are dealing with the same stuff as I am! It's all about being comfortable in your own skin! I would like to lose 30 lbs, my doctors think I need to lose 50 but at 113 I would blow away in the wind! What are your favorite exercises/classes/schedules?
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :). I'm 5'0" and carried my weight well for a while . . . then I got pregnant before I lost that "little bit" of extra weight I was carrying. Couldn't get the pregnancy weight off myself and suddenly I was 50 lbs over my goal weight!

So I'm certainly short and looking to lose weight! I can relate. My "goal" is set to 110, but I haven't been that weight in 10 years and don't know if it's right for me anymore . . . my real goal is probably 120 then reassess.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    You can definitely do it! You can add me if you want!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you're saying. I'm 5'9" so I guess all my weight doesn't appear to my family like it does to me... I hear the "you look fine" and "you don't need to lose any weight" stuff quite often. For a long time, I thought they were right since I've had some self-esteem issues for a lof of my life. But by golly, when my "heavier than usual" jeans started to get snug and I had to go get some new ones, I knew that I was right and I need to block that other stuff out. It's nice to hear for when I'm having a bad day, but overall, I just listen to myself and try to be healthy.

You can add me if you want.

Good luck to you!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 ft.. so any weight tends to show :( I need motivation too!
    This! Except I'm 4'11". You know you really need to lose weight when people stop answering with 'you're small already and don't need to lose weight" and you just get a head nod. haha fml.

But yeah, add me!

Oh goodness, that is SO true! At 5'0" I got the whole "you're too small to lose weight" comments up to about 130 lbs. . . then they just stopped happening:laugh: . I guess that was my threshold for carrying weight well:tongue: .
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    same here. Same height and almost the same weight too. I share the same feeling as you. feel free to add.
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! 4'11" here and around 157 lb (hopefully that changes when I weight myself on Sunday!). Do it for you, not them!!