How to maintain?

Options
I am at a weight that I want to stay at. I dont want to be little girl skinny and I feel like if I stay on the track with the calories I am alotted it says ill be 123 that thats discusting for a girl thats 5'8. The calories Im allowed is alot 1450 a day. Is this accurate? I dont even exercise anymore but i have a one year old that keeps me moving! Please give me your advice>:heart:

Replies

• adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. I am about 5'7" and weight 140. I lost 5 pound in just over a month eating 1450 with little exercise. I just readjusted my goals to lose 1/2 a week and now it's at 1650 which seems very high to me. I think it's just a shock to get that many more calories a day. I honestly would be ok if I stay at 140 because we are ttc and my goal was to be healthy not a certain number. Don't get me wrong I will be excited to see the scale dip back into the 130's where it belongs!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That sounds kinda low to me. I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs which is where I want to stay at. I currently intake 2200 calories a day to maintain that weight. And that is without working out. I had to increase my calorie intake 100 calories at a time to find that number though, I didn't use what MFP told me to use.

Hope that helps.
  • nicandjim0315
    Options
    Yeah I think I am just used to not being able to eat lol so when I see the amount I am allowed to eat it seems un-usual maybe ill raise my intake and montior it that way thanks guys
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah just give it a week or two and you should be able to tell if it's too much or not. If I start gaining back then it's back to 1450 I go. It's hard when you have a set number/ amount of food per day in your head then when you adjust and get more it feels wrong. Let us know what you find out!