2nd shift trouble

Options
Hey everyone,
Ok so I have been trying to diet and stick with it. Its is so frustrating because I can get up in the morning eat what I am suppose to, work out. I have a good lunch and snacks through out the night. I work 2nd shift and I usually will have a protein shake for dinner. But towards the end of the shift, I am so hungry. I get home and end up ruining all my efforts all day and eat right before bed. Anyone have any advice? Please help.

Replies

• ambertarvin9
    Options
    Any ideas?
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I work nights and my day starts at 12 midnight, I start logging my food for the day then, eat small meals all through the 24 hours, wake in the day to eat, eat before I go to bed, have something before i go to work and again supper around 11pm, then my new day starts at midnight.
  • kacilynn06
    Options
    Omg worked 2nd shift my diet went to hell because its late you get off and your friggin hungry. You need to make you a meal in the morning so you can re-heat or cook it quick when you get off work. Or take the meal with you. I ate McDonalds so many nights because of that til I learned my lesson, am a fan of hungry girl recipes and of course the power of google is so many recipes out there
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Try taking some healthy snacks with you to work. Nuts and fruits that are low calorie but good at making you feel full. That might help steer the craving after work. I work a 12 hour night shift, and I know how cravings can be. But some of it might be habit too. Your body might think it is hungry because you used to eat then.
  • JPG1313
    JPG1313 Posts: 59
    Options
    I work 3rd shift, I have protein bars, shakes and nuts in my desk.
    Have another protein shake or anything low carb before bed.
    I usually have egg whites or cottage cheese when I get home in the am.
  • GSPL_GRL
    Options
    I work a night shift. 7 pm - 7 am. This is what works for me.
    I get up around 4 pm - that's when my logging begins. I eat a normal supper with my family before going to work.
    I have break at 10 pm - usually fruit or raw veggies
    I have lunch at 1 am - sandwich or small frozen meal or supper leftovers
    Second break at 4 am - fruit or veggies if hungry
    Before bed at 8 am - cereal or light sandwich / toast

With every time I eat I have water or tea. Most of the time I'm not hungry when I get home. My job requires constant movement and standing for the entire shift.