Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Snack a Jacks - yay or nay?

In a bid to eat healthier I swapped chocolate bars for Snack a Jacks after dinner but since starting to take weight loss seriously I'm wondering if they are actually all that good for you?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I had to look up what Snack a Jacks are - look like mini rice cakes. I don't know that they are GOOD for you there's not a lot of nutrition in them. But I eat them - low cal, filling - better than some of the other choices out there. Eat in moderation and enjoy.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    I don't think they are necessarily bad, but they are fairly empty calories. Saying that, I appreciate having them in the house when I fancy a snack but want something relatively guilt free.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Yeah, I do like to eat them knowing there isn't a lot of bad stuff in them but then I thought are they a bit like some cereal bars/nutrigrain bars where they claim to be healthy but are just as bad as eating chocolate? I suppose everything in moderation isn't bad :) thanks guys!
  • I quite enjoy the caramel ones as a snack but I get the multi packs as if I get te jumbo ones I end up eating more than one. Find they are good when I'm at work at its not quite lunch, it keeps me going x
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    I use them. I have the chocolate ones and crumble one into my greek yognhurt and add nuts. It makes a lovely dessert and easy to fit into my diary figures. It reminds me of crunchy meringue done this way.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Don't know if they are good for you or not but they bore me. I try to eat the things I like in moderation (chocolate) and exercise to earn treats :-D
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    It really depends on whether you want to eat clean or not.
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    I eat them alot. They make a great snack and the BBQ or Cheese fkavoured ones we get here in Norway make good substitutes for things like chips when relaxing on the weekend :) I love them. They are probably a bit high in salt but I don't eat that much salt in my other meals anyway.
  • They are much healthhier than a choclate bar, in terms of less fat and sugar. However they are high in salt so watch your daily salt intake.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Okay great, thanks!