Flat Belly Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the flat belly diet? If so... opinions please!

Replies

• Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes. I tried it when it first came out. I lost 7 lbs by the end if the month. I know I lost inches but don't remember how much. I liked the food and I even went on it another time. I succeed in more regimented diets and this one fulfilled that for me.
    Now I'm just following low-cal and it works for me, I've lost 17 lbs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just like every diet in the world, they generally over cut calories which long term is bad, and it doesnt teach you how to eat and sustain your weight loss over time. Its much better to educate yourself on the types of foods to each, have a moderate deficit, and have an exercise routine with heavy weight training and some cardio.

But no i havent done the diet as i dont believe in diets. I believe in eating whole lean meats, plenty of fruits and veggies as well as some complex carbs.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    The best flat belly diet every? Dead lifts.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The best flat belly diet ever? Dead lifts.

Ha. Yeah.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is this that thing always touted in Woman's Worlds and those magazines? Where they tout "Eat these MUFAs" and such?

I think it's a good thing (if this is what I'm thinking it is) to encourage healthy fat consumption, since so many people still erroneously think that eating that avocado or tablespoon of olive oil is instantly turning into fat in their bodies...

That being said; OP, the only way to get a flat belly is lose body fat. Lift weights, eat a healthy, sustainable deficit, and give it time: surefire way to get a flat belly.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Is this that thing always touted in Woman's Worlds and those magazines? Where they tout "Eat these MUFAs" and such?

I think it's a good thing (if this is what I'm thinking it is) to encourage healthy fat consumption, since so many people still erroneously think that eating that avocado or tablespoon of olive oil is instantly turning into fat in their bodies...

That being said; OP, the only way to get a flat belly is lose body fat. Lift weights, eat a healthy, sustainable deficit, and give it time: surefire way to get a flat belly.

What the hell is a MUFA?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

What the hell is a MUFA?

I think it's monounsatured fatty acids? My knowledge of this diet comes only from, uh... visits to my parents' bathroom.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

What the hell is a MUFA?

I think it's monounsatured fatty acids? My knowledge of this diet comes only from, uh... visits to my parents' bathroom.
    LOL......Yeah, I think in regards to belly fat there's a lot of talk about MCT (medium chain triglycerides) the type found in coconut oil. These has slightly less caloric value than other fats and they don't need bile salts for digestion, so basically they get converted to energy quickly and are less likely to be stored as body fat. Saying that, I wouldn't count on it to really do anything towards lowering body fat.......a balanced diet and exercise is still the best option.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I liked it but I was still hungry with 5 - 400 calorie meals a day.
    I still follow the ideas (MUFA with every meal) but not to a T.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use this book along with all the cookbooks from the same author, but only for the healthy recipes. I find its easier for me to follow a low calorie recipe than to gather my own ingredients, try to come up with my own recipes and count all the calories on my own while in the store.
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    totally agree
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the book because I found it on sale, but I haven't tried it. I probably won't ever completely follow it because I really just need a sustainable lifestyle change, but I'll try some of the recipes since they're low calorie.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me the pocket guide. I don't need it because I already have a very slim mid-section and no excess fat there. But, It had some recipes in it and uses foods I already love a lot. It basically just recommends Oils, Nuts, Seeds, Avocados, Olives, Dark Chocolate added to a well balanced diet (and I think she recommends 1600 calories a day which is too low for me). I already eat copious amounts of those yummy foods daily. That's all it is really. I think I might have even gained a little weight from it because those are high calorie foods (and I did not cut calories) which is fine because weight loss was and is not my goal. she did say that you shouldn't go overboard and eat tons and tons of the high fat foods, but I did by choice.
  • iamferf2
    iamferf2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just like every diet in the world, they generally over cut calories which long term is bad, and it doesnt teach you how to eat and sustain your weight loss over time. Its much better to educate yourself on the types of foods to each, have a moderate deficit, and have an exercise routine with heavy weight training and some cardio.

But no i havent done the diet as i dont believe in diets. I believe in eating whole lean meats, plenty of fruits and veggies as well as some complex carbs.
  • iamferf2
    iamferf2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you can judge a diet that you've never done. Flat Belly Diet gives women 1600 calories per day; that's not very restrictive and it's very healthy food!
    I just started the 4 day Jumpstart yesterday and already dropped 2 pounds!! :happy:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you can judge a diet that you've never done. Flat Belly Diet gives women 1600 calories per day; that's not very restrictive and it's very healthy food!
    I just started the 4 day Jumpstart yesterday and already dropped 2 pounds!! :happy:

Except I'm losing when I eat 1900 calories a day. I would gnaw my arm off on that diet...