Best advice you have received regarding fitness?

Options
Title says it all...
For me it was be patient and don't give up ever

Replies

• Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    For pull-ups: You will get stronger and be able to do them a lot sooner jumping up and doing negative reps instead of just relying on the assisted machine. I am now up to four when I was never able do do a single pull-up. Woot woot!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Cardio + fiber (ie fruits & veggies)
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    IIFYM

Yes!

That and stick with it, results come with time and hard work, but definitely IIFYM :D
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Winter is not an excuse to stop riding, it's just a matter of having the right equipment.

That, plus, you can excuses or you can have results but you can't have both.
  • EmmarrD
    EmmarrD Posts: 69
    Options
    Don't get fit for anyone but yourself :)
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time! But dont give up before you've really given it your best shot
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    It took years to put it on, it won't be gone overnight.

So many times we lose sight of that.....wanting results right now, getting bummed when we don't see much movement very fast. We have to remember it's not a quick fix.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Make mini goals...the big picture can be overwhelming
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It won't happen in one day. For me it was a very good advice since I'm impatient :laugh:.
  • Rtossas
    Rtossas Posts: 29
    Options
    We must train from the inside out using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It’s not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist.
  • jbeane75
    Options
    Eat right, take your vitamins, get plenty of sleep and tattoos help you look buff
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Train like a man and you'll look like a goddess
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates