Hello! 27yo Mom of 1

Options
Hi everyone! I would love some friends for encouragement on here. I used this web site before about 5 years ago and lost 40 lbs, but then got pregnant, and I have been struggling with my weight since then. I currently am a SAHM to my 4 year old daughter, but I am going back to work in a couple weeks as a pharmacy technician, which will keep me on my feet all day, so that is great for my weight. I am currently trying to eat around 1200 calories since I am pretty sedentary being at home, but I am definitely going to up it when I go back to work, probably around 1400 or so.

I am hoping to lose about 60 lbs or more to be at what is considered a healthy weight for me, although honestly, any weight lost would make me happy. My family has a history of breast cancer, thyroid issues, hypertension, and diabetes, and although I luckily have escaped that so far, I know it is not far behind unless I lose weight. I do have some medical issues already that I think would be relieved if I lost weight. My biggest obstacle to losing weight is depression.

I live in a small city, and haven't made any friends here since we moved here a few months ago. Since leaving high school and college, I don't really keep in touch with very many friends. My best friend is a fitness fanatic, but she lives an hour away, so that makes her not a good choice for a workout buddy. :(

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• amycarol2002
    Options
    Goodnes, you and I are in the same boat! 27 Mother of 2 also with family history of thyroid (which I have) diabetes and breast cancer. Just had my little boy a month and a half ago and want to lose 50lbs to feel better about myself. I also live in a small town here in FL but soon moving overseas! Depression does hurt went through that as well but nothing you can not overcome with a little help and encouragement. Would love for you to add me we can help each other out if you want!

Thanks and Good Luck!
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Added! Thanks! I read your profile, and OMG my husband is skinnier than me too. I mean, crazy skinny. He has been at the same size since I met him, about 70 lbs lighter than me currently! :( He can eat whatever and whenever he wants and never gain. It drives me crazy!
  • amycarol2002
    Options
    My husband started on that nutrisystem and insanity thing when he came back from overseas and I personality think he lost to much so I am trying to fatten him up again while I eat healthy lol if we were not moving soon I would have seen about that nutrisystem as well. Heres to us getting back smaller then our husbands and getting them fat.:flowerforyou: