snacks

Options
I need more low calorie low carb and low fat snacks....any suggestions??

Thank you,
Keri

Replies

• keri_cook
    Options
    I need more low calorie low carb and low fat snacks....any suggestions??

Thank you,
    Keri
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Original Boca Burgers. I just eat them with a little ketchup. 70 calories + ketchup.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Fat Free no sugar added pudding-they are low calorie. You can also add a little sugar free cool whip. Also, you can find 100 calorie packs of just about anything-nuts, cookies, crackers, chips...whatever. It is always really helpful to me when I know I am only eating 100 calories. It makes it easier for me to keep track since I'm not sitting in front of a computer all day long and can put it all in my log as I eat it. I also love Special K bars-only 90 calories- and string cheese!
    *kistinbee*
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If protein is not important, here are 20-calorie snacks that I use:
    6 baby-carrots
    12 grapes
    1 peeled cucumber (6-3/8")
  • keri_cook
    Options
    great idea...i love boca burgers!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    good old celery with peanut butter (something like Adams or the like that doesn't use hydrogenated oils). In the morning I like a hardboiled egg.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I like to buy crackers and snack like things and portion them out into baggies to make my own 100 calorie snacks. Saves money and there's more of a selection. I just put them all into baggies then put them back into their original box/bag, so that I can grab one of whatever it is that I want. :) It can be a little time consuming but if you do a bunch at once, you don't have to do it for a while. I also love sliced up red peppers in ranch dip made with fat free sour cream. Another fun treat is the laughing cow cheeses, low fat, spread onto a serving of all bran crackers. Very filling with the protein and the fiber.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Wheat Thins, reduced fat -- 70 cals for 16 crackers
    spread with:
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges -- 35 cals per wedge

....if you put the cheese spread on celery instead of the crackers, it's only a 40 calorie snack!

Clementine tangerines are only 40 cals each

Raw green peppers are only 15 calories for a 1/2 pepper......dip in a little reduced fat Ranch (only 40 cals for 1 tbsp)
  • g06m1281
    Options
    Hmmm, I was watching Brothers and Sisters just now and saw Sarah giving her son celery and peanut butter. I though "weird" but I'll give it a try...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,062 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I was watching Brothers and Sisters just now and saw Sarah giving her son celery and peanut butter. I though "weird" but I'll give it a try...

This may be an American thing, we are weird about our snacks: but if you put raisins on the peanut butter on your celery we call it "Ants On A Log" . Kids think it's funny and can (maybe) be tricked into eating something good for them. :wink:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I tried cuttin gout the peanut butter (although I love it) and I eat fat free cream cheese on celery... and it really is tasty, low cal and still compromised of mostly protein....
  • cherylkf
    Options
    AkMak crackers with 1/2 Babybel cheese. 35 calories in the cheese as long as you eat only half and 58 calories in 2.5 Akmak crackers. (2.5 Akmak crackers is equal to about 5 soda crackers.)
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    go to vitalicious.com. You have to order on line, but these are soooooooo good. The site shows the nutritional value for all there product. My cousin keeps these stocked up in her house for the whole family. I snagged a few. When you eat them, you feel like you are eating something that is not on your diet.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    go to vitalicious.com. You have to order on line, but these are soooooooo good. The site shows the nutritional value for all there product. My cousin keeps these stocked up in her house for the whole family. I snagged a few. When you eat them, you feel like you are eating something that is not on your diet.

OHMYGOSH! Those look fantastic!!!
  • uh1npilot
    Options
    Amen...those look incredible...use the 100 cal packs of snacks myself...whatever you find that is good for you and taste great!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I like to take an apple and microwave it with a bit of cinnamon and eat it with a graham cracker. Its nice and hot on cold days. A bit of sugar is good but I don't generally use alot. I can make 2 helpings with one apple.

Eve