Any homeschooling SAHM out there?

Options
Hi all,

I am looking for a buddy. I have been on and off MFP for a couple of months, but now I am finally sucking it up, buckling down, and getting rid of this weight. Not losing, because I do not plan to find it again. :-) So anywho, I looking for others to help motivate me and visa versa!

Replies

• HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request. Sounds like we will get along great. We homeschool our two kiddos.
  • Puggles04
    Options
    Yay! :)
  • rcwible83
    Options
    Homeschooling too... currently using switched on school house. :flowerforyou:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    We homeschool the younger two boys. Used to homeschool all3, but the oldest is a college freshman now.
  • lovingmethin
    lovingmethin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm not homeschooling anymore but I am a SAHM and I do understand the life of a homeschooler.Feel free to add me if you'd like. =)
  • hthrhrpr
    hthrhrpr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a homeschooling mom of 3 :) I have a 4th grade girl, pre-k girl, and an (almost) 2 year old boy! Hard to find time to get out and exercise, especially when it's cold. I think once the little ones are a little bit older it will get easier. Thoughts?
  • Puggles04
    Options
    I have realized recently that the stairs are my new best friend thanks to the snow. lol. We use a mix of Switched on Schoolhouse, BJU Press, Saxon, free things found on the web, and games. :) My kiddos are in 3rd, 2nd, 2yr old and 4months. Craziness around here. lol What types of methods/curricula is everyone using/have used?
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    I'm a stay at home momma! And I also homeschool my neices and nephew ( they are 2nd, 1s, and kindergarten)
  • Lulovesball
    Lulovesball Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been homeschooling for 3 years and doing this for 1 month. Ugh. I have lost 4-5 lbs. I'm thankful, but its too cold to exercise, so what are you doing for that? HELP. I'm getting discouraged, because I am always over my calories.
  • Puggles04
    Options
    Tomorrow, I am planning to go to the library and take a peek at their exercise dvd section. I am going to try to find a family one. Maybe you could do the same. If you have a basement, could you make room for the kids to run around and an area for you to exercise?
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom. We don't home school though, my step son goes to private school by request of his mother.
    I would love to home school though and def. will be homeschooling our future children!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hello-- been homeschooling since our oldest turned 4 in 1994-- been doing it steadily since then.

We have 9 kids-- 2 are out of school, 1 in college, 2 in public high school, I homeschool 3, and I have one who will start kindergarten next year.

Welcome--
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Other than the workout classes I take and teach, I'm a SAHM. We're more unschoolers than homeschoolers, but feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • WeightWatcherCindy
    Options
    I have homeschooled my daughter since she was 5 she is 14 now . I'm a stay at home wife and mom .
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I'm a sahm of 3 awesome kids. Ages 10, 5, and 2. Not homeschooling yet but looking into it for next year for my 10 year old daughter. My 5 year old son is autistic. My 2 year old is just into EVERYTHING! Feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, homeschooled for 6 years although this year we are "home educating" our kids are doing Iowa Public Online. 3 kids ranging from 6 to 15. I've just restarted my weight-loss journey. I lost 60 pounds in 2011, only to gain 40 of it back due to stress eating last year. Now I'm getting back on track and determined to keep it off for good.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Homeschooling, Stay at Home Momma, here!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Homeschooling, Stay at Home Momma, here!

LOVE the pink hair :)
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yeppers....I have a 1 year old and a 5 year old. Homeschooling the 5 year old.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    A-yup. I homeschool my two daughters, 12 and 9. The younger one is physically disabled and has some learning disabilities. They've both been homeschooled from K on, after a year of private preschool to learn all those things like "share your crayons" and "wash your hands" and "Don't cut in line."

We are mostly classical homeschoolers -- strong emphasis on Latin, history, reading and grammar.

Feel free to add me if you like! That goes for anyone here, not just the OP.