Anyone using Walk-Away-the-Pounds?

Options
sandara
sandara Posts: 830 Member
Would love to hear from others using the walk away the pounds for exercise! I have several of the tapes and rotate them daily to work different muscles. My favorites right now are the 3 Mile Boot Camp and the 4 mile Walk Slim 4 Really Big miles. I've had real good success with them so far. :happy:

Replies

• jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just did her Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles for the first time in months. Loved it! I was also surprised how many calories I burned. Really motivates you to keep doing it every day!
  • sandara
    Options
    I was beginning to think that nobody knew what the WATP's were! lol It really helped me get back into exercising and now I'm addicted to them. And the weight is coming off pretty steady too!
  • babybeeker14
    babybeeker14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use them too and ya know what? My kids join in for a walk with me! It makes for a pretty crowded living room but it's great to get everyone up and moving. My friend Holly lost over 100 pounds using WATP! Amazing results! It CAN happen with a lot of hard work! Congrats on your progress!!!!
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a herniated disc which causes sciatica flare ups and Leslie's walking DVD's are easy on my back and actually help with pain management. She's the best! How recent is the 3 mile bootcamp? Maybe I'll try that one next.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I started out with these tapes. They work very well, but you need to stick with them. They tend to get a little boring after a bit compared to some of the other exercise videos I've used. And after awhile I had to mute it because her voice got annoying :laugh:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use WATP off and on and really like it. I usually go to the gym but I take WATP when I travel and I have used it on the train and in Hotel rooms. I need to look into getting some of the others mentioned.
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Walk Slim 4 Miles one from NetFlix. Thought I'd see if I like it ... Netflix has TONS of exercise videos to rent. A lot cheaper than buying one and then discovering you don't like it.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    WATP is low impact (I love it for that reason) and if I add weights for a mile or two it bumps up the burn. I use the dvd once or twice a week. I get bored easily so I mix it up and try to do something different every day.
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is my first day on here and yes I will be using the WATP, I like they are low impact and you can move up gradually. I was thinking about starting a thread for WATP users, would love to know if anyone is interested.

I will be doing the 1 mile today, just getting back into excersice but I figure it is more than I did yesterday.

Let me know if you all would loke me to start a thread and we could check in with each other.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie's videos--the only thing I've stuck with so far. When I drag myself out of bed in the morning, bleary-eyed and feeling lifeless, I can always seem to convince myself to get my feet moving enough to do the warm-up walk...and before I know it, I'm working up a sweat. Yay! Loving the 3 mile bootcamp, and the 5 mile advanced...although I usually do the three mile segments instead of the whole thing.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Can you do these on a Rebounder?
  • sandara
    Options
    I think the Bootcamp dvd just came out in April. From another board I read apparently it's becoming available sporadically. I think it's only offered at Walmart $14.99 and comes with 2 figure 8 bands that she uses in the workout.
  • sandara
    Options
    This is my first day on here and yes I will be using the WATP, I like they are low impact and you can move up gradually. I was thinking about starting a thread for WATP users, would love to know if anyone is interested.

I will be doing the 1 mile today, just getting back into excersice but I figure it is more than I did yesterday.

Let me know if you all would loke me to start a thread and we could check in with each other.

Sounds like a great idea to me. :smile:
  • sandara
    Options
    I just ordered the Walk Slim 4 Miles one from NetFlix. Thought I'd see if I like it ... Netflix has TONS of exercise videos to rent. A lot cheaper than buying one and then discovering you don't like it.

What a great idea! I might have to join netflix after all! :smile:
  • sandara
    Options
    Can you do these on a Rebounder?

I had to look up Rebounder to see what it was! lol I don't think it would work too well. There is a lot of moving around on these walking tapes. Your going forwards, backwards, side to side, kicking, kickbacks, knee lifts, lots of arm movements. Maybe you could try renting one before you buy like one of the other posters suggested???