wine...so then cheese...sad face

Options
Not eaten much all day,few glasses of wine with hubby so then cheese and crisps come out and its not just a couple,binge eating is not good :-(

Replies

• vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We all have our "trigger" foods. Mine is popcorn. I can't seem to eat just a little. I'm going to try to avoid it for a while. Hang in there and start again tomorrow!
  • duranielisa
    Options
    you tried weight watchers wine?? ;)
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    cack ;-)
  • Cuardach
    Options
    An oops here and there is human. You just take up where you left off. I love red wine...have not had it in my house since Christmas! but the odd glass on occasion is not the end of the world :)
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    I have the same problem when drinking my wine in the evening...i then want to snack. it may not work for everybody, but i designate a day where i can have glass or 2 of wine, and make sure i exercise that day and watch my calorie intake a little closer thru the day to make sure that i will stay within or very close anyway to my allowed calorie intake. a glass of wine and a piece of dark chocolate usually does it for me :)
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ha ha - you're not alone, sister.... :smile:

I'm not too keen on red wine, so if I am going to have some wine now, I get red so I don't drink so much. Plus hubby likes red wine, so he drinks more of it.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The only problem I see there was the cheese and crisps -- who got those out? You, or the hubby? Just plan ahead for some better snacking options: how about WASA crisps and hummus? some crispy cut veggies, likes carrots, celery, baked tortillas and salsa, etc -- if you have some healthy options to eat while sipping and chatting with hubby, you'll both win.
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    to vg8pr0: popcorn is the devil lol i have the same problem...it may be healthy, but i tend to eat way to much of it too!
  • Nanook8
    Nanook8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah, wine does me in too...then the food starts calling me. I am trying to delete alcohol from my system for a few weeks here at the beginning of the year because it and my snacking had gotten so out of hand over the holidays. Just start over today! The focus is on one meal at a time to do your very best to eat healthy! Good luck on your journey!
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    The only problem I see there was the cheese and crisps -- who got those out? You, or the hubby? Just plan ahead for some better snacking options: how about WASA crisps and hummus? some crispy cut veggies, likes carrots, celery, baked tortillas and salsa, etc -- if you have some healthy options to eat while sipping and chatting with hubby, you'll both win.

great idea,if i prepare healthier snacks for the nights i know we will be having wine that sounds good x
  • missythomas927
    Options
    I think we could be friends. I love wine, but after a glass or two I start feeling pretty good and not so fat, so I have another glass and then before I know it hubby and me are putting a Digiorno in the oven! Then I feel all guilty the next day. Oh, and I agree about low calorie/alcohol wine. Yuk.
  • SolomonTemplar
    Options
    Well I am on a January Off Booze but red wine is Evil lol

As posted above try low fat/carb snacks like lean Parma ham.

Good luck
  • slighfox74
    slighfox74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself down. you need to have a play day. :) 80% work 20% play