starting over

Options
I started in May but didn't go very far. So here I go again

Replies

• mch2013
    Options
    Hi, I too am starting over. Feeling apprehensive, not as determined as I have felt in the past. Setting small weekly goals and will try to stay positive. Hoping this will be the time I turn this effort into a lifestyle change. Good luck to you this week!!!
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    I too started in May but then stopped in Nov lost some lbs but then gained a little back, now I'm back here again hopefully I can stick to it...:smile: Add me for support I can use all support I can get :smile:
    Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • tammigates
    tammigates Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Good luck to you.
  • sbodi88
    sbodi88 Posts: 18
    Options
    im in the same boat! started over just yesterday :) feel free to add me!
  • KDM1999
    KDM1999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lol- me too! Got waylaid by Christmas and new years and then the flu !!! ugh. back at it today! good luck to all.
  • victoryasmommy
    Options
    I wish you luck!!!. It is very hard to start things over again.
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am starting over too. I was at my healthiest then gained 60 lbs when pregnant. I'm having the hardest time shaking the weight off.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    same here started end of february lost 32lbs was doing so well then stress stepped in i stopped gained a minimum of 20lbs back and i just started again a few days ago i too hope this time i stick to it all the way! its not easy! but we need to take it day by day!
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am about to add you.We all have our bumps in the roads. I have had hundreds and finally it sticking. I would love to offer you some encouragement!
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's definitely worth sticking to it. Feel free to add me for encouragement and support!
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over. I had logged in for 50 days straight then I went on vacation and didn't log in, I stopped working out didn't watch what I ate. That was in June and I gained back 8lbs. I'm starting where I left off and my goal is to log in everyday this year. I now have myfitnesspal app on my phone so this will make things easier. Good luck to everyone who's starting over. May we stay committed this time around and reach our goals.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since June 14, 2009. I've felt like giving up many times. Started at a size 20 (really 22, but still wore my clothes tight) and I'm down to an 8. I've lost 80 plus pounds but still need to lose more. I weigh 157, and need to be at 135 for my height. But I'm just going by how I feel. Right now I feel the healthiest I've ever felt. I weigh more now at this size then when I was younger. The reason being is that I'm lifting weights, nothing too heavy- 10-12 lbs, but it does tone up your body. If you have 50 pounds or more to lose you're going to wish you had started lifting early. I didn't, now I'm playing catch up on that.

My point in saying all this is don't beat yourself up if you're not where you want to be. Just take it one day at a time and never give up. Even when you've had a bad day, just start over the next day. Make the next meal better. That's when I started to see the scale move, I had to quit beating myself up. It's better to lose the weight slowly 1-2 lbs a week, then to try to lose 40 pounds in a month. That's ridiculous, it can be done, but if you've been trying to lose weight most of your life, you will see that it will come back and then some.

If you need any support, feel free to add me. I'm not perfect, I don't always make the healthiest food choices, but this is not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. Some times I will eat very little during the day if I'm attending a function that will have awesome food. Or I will work off extra calories in order to even it out. Some times I don't. I try to correct any negative thoughts that come to my mind immediately about my body. I'm also learning how to accept a compliment and say thank you.

My advice is to seek others who have lost the amount of weight you're seeking to lose. They've been where you are at and they are still here. Be encouraged and be a person who encourages others. I have awesome friends on here who have inspired, motivated and yes even given me a butt chewing when I needed one. I wish you all the best.
  • AdrienneRenae83
    AdrienneRenae83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was on this site once before, but slacked off after a few months. Now I'm back, and ready to get started. I paid for a membership at a local gym last month, and have been doing Zumba like crazy, 3 and sometimes 4 times per week. In the past month, I have lost 3 lbs. Slow start, but I know it will get better!